2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiquote frenzy incoming

By the people in charge, I take it you mean the authorities? Our owner/owners have backed every manager with vast sums of money. Benitez was left with a wallet full of dust because of their extravagance. (That we all generally applauded at the time)

Even with the wildly fluctuating claims of what James' salary is....if you split the difference between 90K (as if) and 200k (hmmm) it's 145k a week. For the 40 weeks he has left on his deal that's just shy of 6 million pounds. That's money the club needs, not because "We're skint" but because it's unsustainable.

If he's on a flight it's with the complete blessing of Everton. I'd say it was positively encouraged. "Go on, have a good time. Get some sunshine!"

Do you REALLY think he's on a budget airline to Cyprus? You do know more than 1 flight a day leaves from Manchester, right?

Etihad and Emirates both operate an afternoon flight out of Manchester.

He might even have a move to Qatar, it would be absolutely gold for them to have a player of his popularity playing in the local league in the year ahead of the World Cup. (Qatar airways flight also leaves mid-afternoon)

They'd kneel down at bedside hopeful he sprays all over them for the big finish.

The league is very poor. When Bernard was linked to Al Nasr last Jan I said he'd immediately be one of the top 3 players in the league. It's proved to be correct, been involved with a goal or an assist every game so far for Sharjah. League one standard with a few quality overseas players winding down their careers. The only player I can remember going the other way was Lanzini. Tore it up over here for a season.

If it turns out James moves to a club In the UAE he will absolutely shine. It might even encourage crowds to go over 2 or 3'000.

Tell me, what can he NOT do in the UAE that he can do legally in the UK?

I'd say the UAE (Particularly now it's getting into 'winter') is very appealing to James.
I mean the people running our football club making a series of dreadful decisions mate. There's nobody to blame but ourselves. Of course Moshiri has pumped money in, but he's given it to the wrong people to spend. Our DoF is hopeless, we've now given full charge of recruitment to Benitez who just wants his old toggers coming in just like Carlo - difference is he's brought in Townsend and Rondon who as showed the other day aren't going to be the answer.

And therein lies the issue that I have, Tim, when our front four on Saturday wouldn't have been out of place in a bottom six side.

It's on nobody but Everton. We can make out that he should have gone to Porto but that deal was never going to happen regardless with Diaz. Porto's chairman wanted the buy out clause of €68m. We can't afford that.

The fact our squad lacks numbers in every position has no relevance for James. He's not wanted by the manager and doesn't want to be here. It's an extremely simple one for me, move him on and save the money. We can't just act like nothing has changed since last year, because appointing Benitez means everything changed.

I'm fed up having players who don't want to be here or think they are doing us a favour. I hope there are about 10 more join him in going out the door in January. If moving James on means we get someone in during January rather than the usual inactivity, then obviously that's a positive. The squad needs completely overhauled and we only do that once the wages are reduced significantly. It should have been done a long time ago, but it's never too late to start. I don't need to go over my thoughts on the DOF again either. He has to do far far better - that's a given.

giphy.gif

No one knows whats going on only those 2. Sick of the nonsense at this stage. Wanted to see him involved but its just an unwanted distraction and he needs gone regardless of who's fault it is. Get the wages gone and plan for Jan (although we will scrap around on deadline day and end up with another Rondon type signing)

I mean the people running our football club making a series of dreadful decisions mate. There's nobody to blame but ourselves. Of course Moshiri has pumped money in, but he's given it to the wrong people to spend. Our DoF is hopeless, we've now given full charge of recruitment to Benitez who just wants his old toggers coming in just like Carlo - difference is he's brought in Townsend and Rondon who as showed the other day aren't going to be the answer.
Yeah, it's been scattergun at best.

That's before you consider compo to Southampton and Watford, as well as compo for repeatedly sacking managers.

Ridiculous as it sounds, we'd have been just as well appointing Benitez after sacking Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.