2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everton man receives regular advice from Colombia over his current situation, and the latest to join the chorus is Luis Pinto.

“James has to leave the good life and dedicate himself to football because if he doesn’t dedicate himself to football, he leaves football,” Semana reports him saying.

“That story that I left football, no, football leaves you, that goes on everywhere in the world.

“That is happening to James; football is leaving him, God willing he prepares well, works well, plays and can return to the Colombia national team because there is no doubt that he is a good player.”

He doesn't work hard enough to be in a Rafael side, his sides are always rigid in shape, methodical and efficient.

That's why he isn't playing any part, James would just kill the whole system.
Gomes dosent (sorry doesn't) exactly fit that bill either but he's been quietly effective off the bench in a couple of games now.

Just saying. ;)

I have not seen a suggestion that he is refusing to play but I firmly believe that he will leave at the first viable opportunity.

What I don't understand is the suggestion that Benitez won't play him because of some petty reason.
Every manager wants to put out the best team at his disposal and to win every match.
A manager refusing to pick a player for non football reasons makes no sense to me.

Benitez feels that his team is better or better balanced or more hard working or more effective without JR and that is a footballing decision.
The manager sees his players every day in training and picks his team from there.

I find it more peculiar that in spite of Everton wanting the player to leave and James clearly wanting to leave that no club could be found to take him.
If that's the case though, why did we go into a game without a full bench and 2 keepers on it a few games back? At least have the option incase things aren't working. Even benitez can't deny that James has talent and skill that noone else in our squad has.

It makes no sense to me that even from a footballing perspective you wouldn't take a full squad when you have the option to. At that point, it is a personal non-football decision by benitez.

No one he's an option off the bench. If you look at Mondays team though take Keane out go flat back 4 and he could be 3rd midfielder. At the minute though I just want him to be on the bench so we can do something different if we are chasing.
It's amazing really. this is all most of the James supporters on here are asking for. An option from the bench when plan A isn't working for whatever reason.

But even that is too much for the haters in here. Beggars belief.

It's amazing really. this is all most of the James supporters on here are asking for. An option from the bench when plan A isn't working for whatever reason.

But even that is too much for the haters in here. Beggars belief.

We all know his faults but he has some amazing assets and actually knowing he's not going to track back makes it easier to accommodate. If he's doing a 25 minute stint it's likely we are going to be chasing so there is an element of risk anyways. Who else could have played that through ball at Anfield or scored that goal against Palace. He did both.

We all know his faults but he has some amazing assets and actually knowing he's not going to track back makes it easier to accommodate. If he's doing a 25 minute stint it's likely we are going to be chasing so there is an element of risk anyways. Who else could have played that through ball at Anfield or scored that goal against Palace. He did both.

Doucoure played an amazing through ball and Townsend scored a screamer the other day.

The Everton man receives regular advice from Colombia over his current situation, and the latest to join the chorus is Luis Pinto.

“James has to leave the good life and dedicate himself to football because if he doesn’t dedicate himself to football, he leaves football,” Semana reports him saying.

“That story that I left football, no, football leaves you, that goes on everywhere in the world.

“That is happening to James; football is leaving him, God willing he prepares well, works well, plays and can return to the Colombia national team because there is no doubt that he is a good player.”

bububu something something FSW

He isn't that lazy though, that's a bit of a myth. He didn't do enough defensively out wide but I don't think our whole team will collapse if our 2nd striker isn't Idrissa Gueye.
The intensity has to be there in every outfield player over 90 minutes. If it isn't then you're lost.

I think that's what the manager has underlined is lacking with James.

He does possess a unique skill set, I was just being a bit cheeky there.

No worries. I just want to see him play a game and show the doubters what we are missing. I also want him to experience the Goodison crowd. He does a bit of magic to win a game and that would let him seeing what he has. I'm a bit of a dreamer and would love him to win a trophy even if it as super sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.