2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't think that considering the creaming of kecks over Benitez.
Not because it's benitez..... It's because what he does is removes the emphasis of individuals and focuses on the collective.

I couldn't care less if our current manager had a liver bird tattoo on his backside and plays you'll never walk alone on his car driving into Finch farm ...... What I care about is that he understands the problem which needs fixing at our club and is able to do it.

For me he is ticking that box in a big way so therefore he gets my support.

This is clearly hyperbole

He missed large parts of the season for a start.

The views on this player are way too entrenched on both sides of this tedious debate. We have a supremely talented player with questionable commitment and longstanding injury problems. We have a manager who doesn't rate him and might well be stubborn in refusing to select him. Having James this season is fine, but it was never make or break either way. I genuinely didn't care whether he stayed or not, just like lots of other Everton players. Whether we kept him or not will have virtually no impact on where we finish this season.
That's great Tim, and your approach is correct, sometimes you need to say one thing but mean another.

As posted previously showing the games and results that he was injured, I agree with you that we were much much worse when he was out injured or struggling with that calf injury. You are right in thinking that if we get him in the team will have a hugely positive impact upon where we finish. ?

Not because it's benitez..... It's because what he does is removes the emphasis of individuals and focuses on the collective.

I couldn't care less if our current manager had a liver bird tattoo on his backside and plays you'll never walk alone on his car driving into Finch farm ...... What I care about is that he understands the problem which needs fixing at our club and is able to do it.

Early days but I tend to agree ?

I get what you're saying but I bet @ForeverBlue92's ball sack is bone dry!

The way I see it and I've always said it, if Benitez does well then we as a club have done well and that's all what matters to me, I still can't stand the man though and not for what he said etc, I've just never liked him.

Honestly not arsed if he stays or goes. He’s disrespected the club on social media and got off to Columbia in his private jet while his team mates where getting webbed 5-0 at city. If he stays we have a talented player, of course, and in some games he’ll make the difference with a killer pass. But thats providing he is fit which has been a problem for him throughout his career.

One thing I certainly won’t be is “fuming that I won’t get to see a world class player in an Everton shirt in the flesh at Goodison, Ev’un dat lad”. Even though it’s fairly obvious he doesn’t want to be here. Embarrassing, we’re bigger than that.

This is clearly hyperbole

He missed large parts of the season for a start.

The views on this player are way too entrenched on both sides of this tedious debate. We have a supremely talented player with questionable commitment and longstanding injury problems. We have a manager who doesn't rate him and might well be stubborn in refusing to select him. Having James this season is fine, but it was never make or break either way. I genuinely didn't care whether he stayed or not, just like lots of other Everton players. Whether we kept him or not will have virtually no impact on where we finish this season.
I actually think both is true

creatively, when he played, the entire onus was on him

that was stupid, because as you rightly say Tim, he missed lots of games

we basically just relied on set-pieces or Digne’s crossed when James didn’t play. Not saying when James did play we were Brazil 1970, like

Status
Not open for further replies.