2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s just so Everton.

I feel like he should have stayed one more season but I understand. Atletico don’t really need him and not that I watch much of la liga but don’t really see how he fits their style.

He prob doesn’t suit Rafas style either.
This is the thing that makes it ok for me. To fit the pieces in this team together adequately you've got to sacrifice someone. I can live with Benitez deciding the way to go is a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 that looks to get the best of Richarlison and DCL and sacrifices James. Honestly a player like James who lives off combining and passing isn't a great fit with anyone in this team aside from maybe Digne. Remember that cross field thing those two did a lot last season? Part of that direct combo from right wing to left back being a thing was those two being the ones who could find space. The rest of the midfield doesn't suit him and he doesn't suit them.

Great footballer but I don't like this petty Twitch announcements so I hope he is getting fined for every little whining chat.

I mean you can go if the club wants you to go but stir up stuff before the start of the season is very very poor.

Best of luck to him, he came for Carlo, he binned him so we are binning him.

I've accepted that I'm unlikely to see him play in the flesh so to say. And while I'm not the greatest of people able to spot tactics I don't think that him being in the side against Southampton would have got us a win.
A crying shame but I think he should bow out gracefully.

Atletico Madrid have offer for him previously but RealMadrid did not allow transfer due to obvious reason.
If indeed true that Atletico is pursuing him again then probably they have place for James in their club.

This is the thing that makes it ok for me. To fit the pieces in this team together adequately you've got to sacrifice someone. I can live with Benitez deciding the way to go is a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 that looks to get the best of Richarlison and DCL and sacrifices James. Honestly a player like James who lives off combining and passing isn't a great fit with anyone in this team aside from maybe Digne. Remember that cross field thing those two did a lot last season? Part of that direct combo from right wing to left back being a thing was those two being the ones who could find space. The rest of the midfield doesn't suit him and he doesn't suit them.
That thing they did until opposition figured it out.

When Digne (and occasionally Richarlison) were the only two really switched on to it it's a relatively easy task to nullify the threat.

As you say, you have to defer to the manager and his picks. Particularly when he's working with a squad that still contains a player from six permanent managers ago! He'll make the best of what's available rather than shoehorn an incredible talent into a team not suited to him.

For me he's a great player to watch but I don't think he fits into the premiership. You would have to build a team around him and at his age and reliability wouldn't be worth it. We are desperate for pace and this is something he is well short of. To pay him £200,000 a week and to only get 20 games a season out of him is financial suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.