2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He contributed 15 goals last season in terms of goals and assists.

That's a hell of a lot to replace for a team that hardly ever scores.

Also, if managed right, you can easily get more games out of him, and not be so reliant on him to be our creative fulcrum - that just means having other options.
This all day long.

We are much weaker without James and any decent manager would jump at the chance to have him.

People putting up offensive banners against the fella included one threatening near outside his family home, not giving him a chance, calling him fat, pig at every opportunity, hoping we fail so he gets sacked the list goes on.

Thats the definition of cult like behaviour - the season hasn't even kicked off yet!

Im just fed up of having no pride in this team at present, no identity in the side, lazy bottle merchants who go missing soon as the opposition want a scrap.

I've seen enough since Martinez through to Carlo to know we need a change in direction and if sgt major Benitez is that man he has my backing to try rebuild this squad.
It’s not is it , before he came rightly or wrongly it was a fanbase telling the board they didn’t want the appointment that’s not a cult it’s a statement. I’m not saying the one by his house was right like but it’s a message not a cult .

Think we all knew benitez would not involve James he is the total opposite to a player benitez wants .
Selling for financial reasons is another matter

Yeah - but James isn't even high on the salary chart at Everton that just seems like a nice excuse. There are more efficient moves they could make to solve for FFP surely?

When his salary causes issues for Seria A or Liga sides it's only because the Prem salary rate is in general very high on relative terms.

Yeah - but James isn't even high on the salary chart at Everton that just seems like a nice excuse. There are more efficient moves they could make to solve for FFP surely?

When his salary causes issues for Seria A or Liga sides it's only because the Prem salary rate is in general very high on relative terms.
Saw a table of earners and James earned the same as Delph but probably no chance of moving Delph on

People putting up offensive banners against the fella included one threatening near outside his family home, not giving him a chance, calling him fat, pig at every opportunity, hoping we fail so he gets sacked the list goes on.

Thats the definition of cult like behaviour - the season hasn't even kicked off yet!

Im just fed up of having no pride in this team at present, no identity in the side, lazy bottle merchants who go missing soon as the opposition want a scrap.

I've seen enough since Martinez through to Carlo to know we need a change in direction and if sgt major Benitez is that man he has my backing to try rebuild this squad.
Gibberish.

Your ‘cult like’ comments are as Kopite as they come.

Yeah, chase out your best players and replace them with a hard running grock is always the way to bring a team on.

Saw a table of earners and James earned the same as Delph but probably no chance of moving Delph on

You can't cut him or offer to renegotiate something longer out at lower weekly that is less painful to FFP?

There must be tools Brands can use for this. IF James were the highest earner I could understand the logic of a financial justification but this...

laudable response, and I would defend your right to your opinions. Doesn't justify referring to those who disagree as a cult. Would we have called the anti-Allardyce fans a cult? I personally don't think so. As Trump will learn one day you don't necessarily enhance your own viewpoint by insulting those whose viewpoint differs from yours.

Perhaps this will help:

cult​

[ kuhlt ]

noun
- a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
- an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers:the physical fitness cult.
the object of such devotion.
- a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.

This all day long.

We are much weaker without James and any decent manager would jump at the chance to have him.
If the rumours are true, who knows if they are, I suspect it'll be down to him believing that Rodriguez will not exert himself like he will desire him to do so.

In terms of pure footballing ability, we're not going to get someone better; the issue is that rightly or wrongly that's not going to be something that'll bother him.

My Uncle is a reasonable and fairly-objective lifelong red, and he's already told me not to expect attractive football because ultimately he's defensive minded.

If we need to sell for financial reasons then why did we sign Townsend, Gray and Begovic ?

Rather not have signed them and kept James.
He wont be sold for financial reasons, he will be sold cos a) he wants to go b) FSW doesnt want him.

But.

Bernard and Hamez 280k a week, Townsend, Gray and Begovic 160k.

You can't cut him or offer to renegotiate something longer out at lower weekly that is less painful to FFP?

There must be tools Brands can use for this. IF James were the highest earner I could understand the logic of a financial justification but this...

If he's earning a huge amount over 2 years what is his motivation for a pay cut over 3 or 4 years? Surely he's better off waiting out the two years and seeing what is then available. His agent would have to be crazy to agree to that.

And from Everton's perspective it's just kicking the can down the street and not addressing the issue - IF that is the case.

And regardless whether someone is the top earner there still needs to be prudent financial decisions made on everybody's deal. If cuts need to be made then they're took where the opportunities are. If there is no chance of shifting the highest earner or you want to keep them then cuts are made elsewhere. It's a balance of what deals are available and weighing the players value to the club against the players cost to the club - regardless of where a player is on the wage bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.