2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you reckon Fat wad takes snacks out when hes leading the training?

I don't think we should get personal with Mr Benitez lol...

but he really could have picked better training gear.. more flattering maybe.
Nice pants, better fitting jacket, maybe not a cap...?

Theres not really much evidence to support this BTW. A few media reports at the time because he didn't start the 1st game. But he started the 2nd and was in the side more or less until he was injured on international duty and missed 2 months. He then started as sub a few times, which is a cautious move most managers would make bringing back a star, especially when you can just bring in another galctico to replace him.

He then started games again, taken off a few times in 2nd half, finished others. Pretty similar treatment to his father figure Ancelotti. But 1 of them was loved and the other was disliked from the start, so you can see how that goes from experience. 2 months later, in January, Benitez was gone despite being top of the CL group and touching distance of 1st place in the league.

The media will manipulate any situation to sell a story and help push a narrative. And the Chinese whispers start and get out of hand. I've seen people suggest he refused to play him, which is just untrue.

Time will tell if they do indeed work together, but it doesn't help to feed rumours based on very little evidence. Even if they have had professional differences, it doesn't preclude them from ever working together again.

As I've always said, I try not to burn bridges, as you never know who your next boss will be.

This is also the Real Madrid media we are talking about...might legitimately be the worst in the world. I don't really know anything about it except from what I've read. I know James is supposed to be there today and it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but the club is really focusing attention on him for the first day. I wonder if that means the intention is to keep him this season barring anything dramatic from him or his agent. Wouldn't mind at all. I actually think the system we started last season with could work really well with Benitez's tactics, with James starting as an inside right winger and being taken off for more speed in the last 30 minutes.

Theres not really much evidence to support this BTW. A few media reports at the time because he didn't start the 1st game. But he started the 2nd and was in the side more or less until he was injured on international duty and missed 2 months. He then started as sub a few times, which is a cautious move most managers would make bringing back a star, especially when you can just bring in another galctico to replace him.

He then started games again, taken off a few times in 2nd half, finished others. Pretty similar treatment to his father figure Ancelotti. But 1 of them was loved and the other was disliked from the start, so you can see how that goes from experience. 2 months later, in January, Benitez was gone despite being top of the CL group and touching distance of 1st place in the league.

The media will manipulate any situation to sell a story and help push a narrative. And the Chinese whispers start and get out of hand. I've seen people suggest he refused to play him, which is just untrue.

Time will tell if they do indeed work together, but it doesn't help to feed rumours based on very little evidence. Even if they have had professional differences, it doesn't preclude them from ever working together again.

As I've always said, I try not to burn bridges, as you never know who your next boss will be.
Are you ok, Kev? This looks curiously like an informed and balanced post...

A very rare occurrence around these parts of the interwebs

Should find out pretty quick if he's part of the plans for next season.

Only takes it 1 meeting, stay or go, make plans.

Nailed on to be here for the tournament/rest of pre-season I would say. Why would another club come in early when we can pay to get him fit and if he breaks down before the transfer then they can save a few more dollars and wait till Jan.

Nailed on to be here for the tournament/rest of pre-season I would say. Why would another club come in early when we can pay to get him fit and if he breaks down before the transfer then they can save a few more dollars and wait till Jan.

Think you'll get an idea if he barely plays preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.