2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thiago would slot into citys team in my opinion and is with out doubt a good footballer. but James Rodriguez is probably on a level of player just below Messi and Ronaldo. All this boolocks about the team been light weight if he playing is rubbish in my opinion. You can build a team defensively and offensively round a players of his quality. people who protect the ball and players who run into space. He always looks like he has more time on the ball than anyone else on the pitch. That is no accident.

Thiago would slot into citys team in my opinion and is with out doubt a good footballer. but James Rodriguez is probably on a level of player just below Messi and Ronaldo. All this boolocks about the team been light weight if he playing is rubbish in my opinion. You can build a team defensively and offensively round a players of his quality. people who protect the ball and players who run into space. He always looks like he has more time on the ball than anyone else on the pitch. That is no accident.

Put thiago in city team and arsenals .. looks the part liverpool and utds won't add anything

Put james in any of them teams trust me hes getting goals and assists .. he should have well more assists at least for us but we have donkeys at times

Put thiago in city team and arsenals .. looks the part liverpool and utds won't add anything

Put james in any of them teams trust me hes getting goals and assists .. he should have well more assists at least for us but we have donkeys at times
Donkeys is a bit harsh, getting the balance is what’s needed and I think it will come with patience.

Tbf, Thiago has been absolutely superb in recent seasons.

I still think he's getting far too underrated on here, just as much as he's getting overrated in the general media!

Totally different types of midfielder too. Thiago is a 6, James is a 10. So yes, very much like comparing Davies and De Bruyne in that regard.
He’s a great player but commentators on TV have only looked for weaknesses in James’s play in contrast Thiago has been lauded without contributing too much. James has contributed massively to our attacking play and has shown why he was player of the tournament in the 2014 World Cup.

He’s a great player but commentators on TV have only looked for weaknesses in James’s play in contrast Thiago has been lauded without contributing too much. James has contributed massively to our attacking play and has shown why he was player of the tournament in the 2014 World Cup.

Yeah, boring media commentary with lazy research. Thiago is a world-class addition to a world-class team... and on the other hand..WTF is James doing at Everton? Oh he's past it and will not make it in the EPL.

Yeah, boring media commentary with lazy research. Thiago is a world-class addition to a world-class team... and on the other hand..WTF is James doing at Everton? Oh he's past it and will not make it in the EPL.
was having a nose on twitter after the madrid game the other day ... the amount of fans moaning about old players being allowed to leave

james came up a lot because he was free and he came up a lot ... he would walk into that madrid team at the moment thats the level

Why do people speak about Thiago like he’s ever been on a level like Bale, James, Robben, Ribery , Modric, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta etc. He’s spent his career as a good midfielder, not some world class star name. Don’t let the media narrative of “he’s just moved over here from abroad he must be the best midfielder in the league” gain any more traction than it already has.

Anyway James is proper good at kicking the ball with his left foot.
He was genuinely one of the 5 best central midfielders in the world the last couple of seasons. I'd say don't let him moving to the RS cloud you judgment of his time at Bayern.

He's not been great for them so far and let's hope that Bayern duped them and realized his legs were gone. But it doesn't change the past.

Anyway this is about James and everyone on here knows who is better.

He was genuinely one of the 5 best central midfielders in the world the last couple of seasons. I'd say don't let him moving to the RS cloud you judgment of his time at Bayern.

He's not been great for them so far and let's hope that Bayern duped them and realized his legs were gone. But it doesn't change the past.

Anyway this is about James and everyone on here knows who is better.
kimmich has been outstanding replacing him

Status
Not open for further replies.