Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hes a 10 or nothing, same with Iceland.

I mean it wouldnt be the end of the world if we changed to a 4231/433 for the 5 games a season he would be fit.

He plays on the Left too.

With both Banfield and Colombia he had two dedicated defensive midfielders behind him and just two forwards ahead. At Madrid there are three forwards ahead of him, while his fellow midfielders are less defensively inclined.
The most promising performance of Rodriguez’s short Madrid career to date came in the first half of the second leg of their Spanish Super Cup tie against Atletico Madrid. He started as the left of three forwards in a 4-3-3 formation, but with license to rotate with Gareth Bale on the opposite flank.

If he did sign it sort of rips up Brands plan of buying younger players who will have a decent sell on value.

We play 4-4-2 at the moment to get the best out of players we have.

I think the Chelsea games showed the disadvantage of 4-4-2 against a 3 who can actually pass and move.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s times we use 4-3-3 next season so have a James who is flexible unlike Sigurdsson would be a great assist but am not El Pivote sooooo

If he did sign it sort of rips up Brands plan of buying younger players who will have a decent sell on value.
But you don’t buy players to sell, yes if you buy young you have a better chance of getting most of your money back on a flop or getting top dollar for a superstar.

But if you are buying say 3 youngsters every summer and selling your best player , then it’s a never ending project.

Status
Not open for further replies.