2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty quiet game, played everything safe. A minutes under your belt performance. Might start going to more under 21 games so close to the game and see first teamers play in a supposed level below them.
This is fine for now. Good that he got through that.

I believe in this lad.

He could come in and allow us to enhance a different way of getting at the opposition. We need players who like to drive at the opposition. In that respect we have a decent group of midfield players. Doucoure, Onana, Garner all like to get up there and that could be the key to getting more goals and survival.
Yeah he might be the solution to your idea of Onana up front.
As a target man for contested longer balls Onana seems better than both DCL and Simms. Rarely seen DCL take it on his chest and do something with it.
And while Onana occupying the attention of defenders, Garner seens to have the knack of good late runs into the box (going by youtube)

Could be a good spine combination with one of Iwobi or Idrissia doing the covering and mopping.

Yeah he might be the solution to your idea of Onana up front.
As a target man for contested longer balls Onana seems better than both Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Simms. Rarely seen Dominic Calvert-Lewin take it on his chest and do something with it.
And while Onana occupying the attention of defenders, Garner seens to have the knack of good late runs into the box (going by youtube)

Could be a good spine combination with one of Iwobi or Idrissia doing the covering and mopping.

Both would be good taking turns going forward from deep.

This could be the 2023 version of Cahill and Fellaini up front. That actually worked pretty well for half a season the last time we had no strikers!!

It couldn't be any worse than our current striker goal threat to be fair...

Thought Onana played that role well in first half yesterday. He was just really poor with the ball but he can improve on that.
Should've scored and assisted.
Could be a good combination btwn Garner and Onana, a lot may depend on whether we can pick up a suitable third point to that triangle

I believe in this lad.

He could come in and allow us to enhance a different way of getting at the opposition. We need players who like to drive at the opposition. In that respect we have a decent group of midfield players. Doucoure, Onana, Garner all like to get up there and that could be the key to getting more goals and survival.
I always imagine we could be quite good as well.

My understanding of Garner is that he can run almost as much as Doucoure, tackle better than Doucoure but is actually a footballer who can pass, shoot and takes a mean set piece so I think nothing changes except he replaces Doucoure and adds a bit of quality on the ball
Doucoure reminds me of Paulo Wanchop when he does stuff like get the ball stuck between his legs when one on one

Status
Not open for further replies.