Jags Doesn't Expect Reading Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Summer signing Phil Jagielka has admitted he doesn't expect to start Saturdays match against Reading.

Jagielka speaking to EvertonTV: "I knew I would have to bide my time, The lads did fantastically well last season so the gaffer is playing the team that more or less finished last season.

I have got to bide my time and it is a squad game, I had my 15 minute cameo so hopefully I will get on again - because I can't see the gaffer changing it for Reading - and see how I get on.

Nine or even seven points (from the first three games) would be a fantastic start and hopefully we will have a good result on Saturday."

Also still to come: Cahill, Vaughan, Pienaar, Fernandes. And some moody overpriced forward, maybe.

Bit different from Matt Jackson wrestling Earl Barrett for the right back slot.

Or Spencer v Madar.

Sounds as though he has the right attitude for our squad, he'll make it before the year is out

To be fair to Moyes though, if Jags comes in and does well then he'll stay there, thats always been Moyes way.

Finally, we're getting quality competition for places. Well done to Moyes I say, thats a cracking team he's putting together.

yeah a few more faces and top 5 easy

there is no way we should be satisfied with a meagre 5th place, we made 4th with a hard working but not so skilled team, onward and upward and [Poor language removed] on the rs, in Moyes we trust;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.