Jagielka spending Christmas in the treatment room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Player Valuation: £70m
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-ne...a-ruled-out-for-up-to-a-month-55578-27866666/

DAVID MOYES has been handed a central defensive headache for Christmas after Phil Jagielka was ruled out of Everton’s festive programme.
Jagielka is facing up to a month on the sidelines after undergoing scans yesterday on the thigh strain that forced him off towards the end of Monday’s 2-1 win at Manchester City.
The England international will now miss Everton’s four games over the holiday period along with the FA Cup third round visit to Scunthorpe United in early January.
And with John Heitinga struggling to overcome the knee injury that has ruled him out of the last three games, Sylvain Distin may be the only senior centre-back available to Moyes for the Boxing Day visit of Birmingham City.

Should the Dutchman not recover in time for Sunday, Everton manager Moyes could choose to play either Phil Neville or Tony Hibbert at centre-back alongside Distin.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-ne...a-ruled-out-for-up-to-a-month-55578-27866666/

DAVID MOYES has been handed a central defensive headache for Christmas after Phil Jagielka was ruled out of Everton’s festive programme.
Jagielka is facing up to a month on the sidelines after undergoing scans yesterday on the thigh strain that forced him off towards the end of Monday’s 2-1 win at Manchester City.
The England international will now miss Everton’s four games over the holiday period along with the FA Cup third round visit to Scunthorpe United in early January.
And with John Heitinga struggling to overcome the knee injury that has ruled him out of the last three games, Sylvain Distin may be the only senior centre-back available to Moyes for the Boxing Day visit of Birmingham City.

Should the Dutchman not recover in time for Sunday, Everton manager Moyes could choose to play either Phil Neville or Tony Hibbert at centre-back alongside Distin.

When it rains, it pours..

Get Mustafi on FFS

Why not put Rodwell in there? Moyes does reckon its his natural position, and isnt Arteta's ban over soon?

With Arteta returning from suspension, maybe Moyes will utilize 'England's future centre-back' in his 'natural' position for the Birmingham game.

*Tsubaki beat me to it :)

If duffy is fit i say we give him ago. we gotta have someone to put pressure on zigic's presence in the air and he may be the man for the job. he's what 6'5?

Uh oh. Wonder if this curtails the money we were going to get for Heitinga theoretically in Jan. Can Moyes afford to sell him now?

Duffy's very composed. I'd give him a go. Moyes will probably prefer shoving Hibbert or Neville over there before he does that though. Which brings us again to the point of even describing what we have beyond 15 or so players as a 'squad'.

I can remember a game down at Spuds a few years back when we had a centre half crisis. We put Thomas Graveson back there, don't think we ever tried that again though.
2 nil up, lost 3-2!
I am sure DM is considering all the options and then go with one of the already mentioned options. Unless something dramatic happens with Yobo.

Personally, I would try Rodwell. We could have a game where we play football out of defence!
Not seen enough of Duffy to comment. Hope he is ACE!

Well isn't today full of rubbish news. First Donavan now this.

I don't want Hibbo at centre back. But fear he will be there.

Don't hear much about Duffy nowadays and he's rarely on the bench so can't see that. Yobo won't be recalled and not sure we can trust Heitinga to do a job sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.