Izmailov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a great signing, looked great against us.

I doubt it'll happen but I have my fingers crossed!

I remember his name, but not how he played.

I checked him out, and a few things to note:

1.) He's 28 soon. For the reported prices that's not bad to be fair.
2.) He hasn't played for Russia in 4 years? I wonder why that is, if he's so "highly rated".

Everton are poised to make a £4.1million move for Russian star Marat Izmailov, Goal.com UK understands.

Everton are poised to make a £4.1million move for Russian star Marat Izmailov, Goal.com UK understands.

David Moyes made an enquiry for the Sporting Lisbon attacking midfielder at the weekend and the Toffees manager will return with a formal offer this week.

Izmailov, 27, is available for a cut-price fee after he fell out with new Sporting coach Paulo Sergio, but that has not cooled Moyes’ interest. The Scot has been tracking the diminutive right-winger since he impressed in Everton's Europa League tie against Sporting in February.

Izmailov was linked with a £10m move to Manchester City earlier in the summer, a fee the Merseysiders would not be able to match. But the player, who was also fined last season for refusing to play a Europa League match against Atletico Madrid, is now available for just €5m (£4.1m) after expressing his desire to leave.

That would suit the Toffees, who have spent only £1.4m on players this summer and have limited funds available to improve a squad that finished eighth in the Premier League last season.

Sources close to the player say the Russia international is keen to push through a move to Goodison Park, where he would link up with countryman Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

The winger would become Everton’s fourth signing of the summer, following the low profile captures of Jermaine Beckford, Joao Silva, Magaye Gueye and Jan Mucha.

Izmailov made his debut for Russia when he was just 19 and has been at Sporting since July 2007, when he joined on a season-long loan from Lokomotiv Moscow before completing a permanent transfer worth €4.5 million (£3.7m).

He was a key player in Lokomotiv's golden years under Yuri Semin, winning the Russian League in both 2002 and 2004. However, his career has been blighted by a series of injuries that have stymied his progress.

He is highly regarded at the Alvalade, and Sporting fought off competition from then-Manchester City coach Sven-Goran Eriksson to sign the Russian permanently in 2008 after a successful season on loan in Lisbon.

But Izmailov has had an intermittently-fractious relationship with the Sporting board, and is most recently reported to have crossed swords with no-nonsense director of football Costinha.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2565...t-to-make-41m-move-for-sporting-lisbon-winger

Do you reckon they've just put 2 and 2 together?

1.) We need a right winger/midfielder, this guy is one.
2.) We have no money, this guy will be cheap.
3.) We played Sporting twice last year, so Moyes would have got a decent look at him.

Do you reckon they've just put 2 and 2 together?

1.) We need a right winger/midfielder, this guy is one.
2.) We have no money, this guy will be cheap.
3.) We played Sporting twice last year, so Moyes would have got a decent look at him.

I'm thinking so. But you never know

Is he the one that we were linked with that year? Remember we were linked with a right football Russian, and then 3 days later we got Bily. That was defo a 2+2=5 moment. I do seem to recall him being handy against us last year, lets see if the sources become more reliable...

I'm thinking so. But you never know

Is he the one that we were linked with that year? Remember we were linked with a right football Russian, and then 3 days later we got Bily. That was defo a 2+2=5 moment. I do seem to recall him being handy against us last year, lets see if the sources become more reliable...

I think that was Bystrov.

This lad is proper, proper mustard, in my time of scouting Moutinho, he always stood out, quality player, but it appears theres questions marks about attitude.

www.goal.com
www.sport.com

When will we learn that these sites print crap and they are not to be trusted. If its on SSN or the Beeb then i might think that it had some standing but until then i wont listen to it and get excited. Where is LCAB when you need him. He would end this once and for all!

However, his career has been blighted by a series of injuries that have stymied his progress.

Sounds like our type of player. But serioulsy would be happy if we could pull this off, if he plays on the right I wonder if this means a Donovan deal isn't going to happen. At least we'd get a tidy rw suppose?

Although Sport.co.uk and Goal.com sound like a reliable websites!!!! until he is paraded at Goodison or LCAB posts "its on" (or another such reliable member on this website lets us into such great news) I will get back to my day job and hope a pacy right winger is signed in the not to distant future.

Although Sport.co.uk and Goal.com sound like a reliable websites!!!! until he is paraded at Goodison or LCAB posts "its on" (or another such reliable member on this website lets us into such great news) I will get back to my day job and hope a pacy right winger is signed in the not to distant future.

i`m mr reliable- its on. because we wont get donovan next january and this guys price is wright

Status
Not open for further replies.