Isolated Players (Front Page Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Woods

Player Valuation: £6m
3B13F4D8-EA2C-4021-A06C-17AF4E50851C.png

Just seen this on the front page and wasn’t sure where to discuss it?

Cuco Martina and Nikola Vlasic seem odd inclusions to that lineup? Do you think this an attitude/behavior decision or ability decision

There was the supposed incident with Kev and Schneiderin last season, however silva seemed to like Mirrallas worryingly at the start of pre season

Cuco and Vlasic although not good enough have never been linked to any attitude issues and I can’t imagine their personalities being overly toxic to the dressing room...

Ashley Williams should not even be allowed to enter finch farm imo and is well ahead of Barmby for me in terms of evertonian i most hate

I would personally have included Bolassie and Schneiderlin in that group, knowing Marco saw what we saw last season

Could it be these are the olayers in most advanced talks to leave the club? If so then i think Vlasic again is an odd choice only being given 1 season and a bit part role

Whatever the reason i do like that Marco Silva is laying down the law already i am really starting to like him, very direct at the board when it looked like we were going to struggle for transfers, open and honest in his interviews and he is somebody it sounds from many accounts players enjoy.... unlike the last two egotistical bell’s we had ( not including rhino obviously)

Vlasic and Cuco, i'm surprised by.

Williams won't train with us again if rumours are true, but Mirallas? Even that's odd, seems to have had a settled pre-season, even if we all hate him.

At least Marco has bottle.

As far as I’m concerned this is good. Mirallas is clearly a bad egg, Williams is poor and unfit, and Vlasic apparently hasn’t impressed Silva at all.

Hopefully keeping the bad influences away to foster a great team spirit.

I hope it works that way but it's a dangerous game. Those players will have friends in the squad and possibly on the staff too, as well as in the wider footballing world. It might make for great team spirit, or it might lead to players getting the hump because they feel their mate was treated badly, players not coming because their mate got treated badly, or us being left with a number of players who are still turning up for training every day for the next 12 months with a poisonous attitude because they've been ostracised.

I'm not saying it's a bad move, and obviously I have no idea of the circumstances, but I hope he knows what he's doing because these decisions have consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.