Is this worse than Benitez?

Yes

• No

Votes: 104 40.0%
  • Paella on toast (cheese topping optional)

Votes: 26 10.0%
  • Paella on toast (cheese topping optional)

Votes: 33 12.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 131 50.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s worse, but let’s not forget.

Benitez had Richarlison, a fit DCL, Allan, Digne and James (who he shifted).

Today was a disaster, completely out the game. But when you compare what we have

A broken DCL (due to Benitez ironically), McNeil, an Ancient Gana and Mykolenko… were naturally going to be worse.

Bleak days, but Dyche has been given a rotten hand.
We now have Onana, Beto, Garner,Tarkowski, and in favour Branthwaite and a fit DCL. He hasn't got a clue how to set them up. Mike Walker was a god compared to this bloke.

All much of a muchness. We had a cultured manager in Ancelotti who'd won the lot and whose career gets top marks and then we followed him with 3 skidmarks.

All 3 are amongst our worst ever managers. It's not just them clearly, we have a pathetic squad, and how we haven't been flooded with documentary offers with the disfunction at the club is anyone's guess.

I expected Dyche to do more with what he has but he's under performed. On the pitch I don't see much daylight between the three that followed Carlo. Negative football with all attacking instincts snuffed out.

Whaaaat?

Benitez finished off his 'reign' with 5 points from his last 12 games, during which he fired the entire medical staff, forced the Director Of Football to resign, started a civil war amongst the fanbase and replaced Lucas Digne and James Rodriguez with Vitor Mykolenko and Nathan Patterson.

And we have shipped out net fifty million worth of players SINCE then too.

Short memories by heck?? I'm suprised some of yous can remember how to put your kecks on in the morning!

No. Everything that's happening now is because of the initial hiring of Benitez.

He let two of our biggest goal contributers in Digne and Rodriguez leave. It's the season that the injuries began for DCL and we lost Gylfi. Due to that, we then lack goals in the squad and so we perform terribly and it provides the catalyst for Richy to leave. He began the stripping of this squad, he's responsible for a lot of the mess, as is Moshiri.

At least Sam got results whilst boring us to death
It was a fat Sam set up and performance and if we had managed to keep them out it would have been a Sam result which some would have probably be leased getting a point off a top 6 team and keeping a clean sheet but god that was as bad a performance in he past 6-7 years that i sat through

The club need to stop employing BS managers and employ proper coaches/managers....

Out of work coaches managers include :-

Graham Potter
Antonio Conte
Ralph Hassenhuttl
Julen Lopetegui
Zinédine Zidane
Laurent Blanc
André Villas-Boas
Christophe Galtier
Julian Nagelsmann
Joachim Low
Hansi Flick
Vítor Pereira
Jesse Marsch
Lucien Favre
Igor Tudor
Gennaro Gattuso
plus many many more I couldn`t be bothered to type

For me though, the dream will always be a serial winner with an attacking philosophy......

You do know the majority are out of work for a reason

I suspect Benitez was the first manager tasked with trimming the wage bill etc. Hence he went for Rodriguez first.

Then with Lampard we panicked and gave him some more money to waste - now Dyche is in a similar situation as Benitez was - a cheap transfer window and orders to get costs under control.

Benitez was an appalling hire that really finished it for Moshiri and Kenwright and put us in a death spiral.

In my opinion the worst managerial hire we made was Benitez - as toxic a decision as they come - regardless of his ability to manage a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.