Is this the worst year ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In recent history its all relative...Wimbledon and Coventry last game of the season....they where very bad days indeed...the thing about now is that we believed that this season, this was our time.....we believed....thats what makes what is happening now, so bad

We've been through worse seasons than this.But for the amount of money spent in the summer, and the high expectations, this has probably been one of the most embarrassing seasons in our modern history.In the Moyes era we had hardly no money to spend.But we weren't the pitiful shambles of a club that we are now.

93/94 was pretty awful to say the least, Howard quit after the Dion Dublin transfer went to [Poor language removed], Jimmy Gabriel came in as caretaker which saw some dreadful performances/results. Mike Walker came in, a dodgy draw away at Bolton in the cup and a 6-2 win over Swindon...then it went to pieces to put it mildly. Of course it finished with us staying up against Wimbledon, terrible season.

As others have said, something is off with the club but I have felt this for years, even during Moyes' period it didn't feel like Everton to me, it felt more like Bill Kenwright FC, the up and at em attitude and feeling like as Moyes once put it "knife to a gun fight"..I didn't like that at all, yes there was some solid league placings but when it mattered most to step up, we never did, just look at the away record under the "top four" or whatever it is, dreadful, minnows stuff. That record is still woeful.

I dunno, maybe it's me, I'm the problem, in the sense that I have misunderstood what Everton should be or was. I feel for the younger ones growing up during a monotonous period for the club, would love them to have something genuinely great to cheer about at some point.

In my lifetime... I'd probably say yes.

The stakes were higher in '94 & '99 for sure, but at the time I didn't fully comprehended the ramifications of it all (plus we knew we were crap, but at least that crap would still regularly try). Admittedly it's only really been in the last 15+ years or so that I've fully embraced the whole ethos of Everton and submitted myself to the myriad of emotions they incite.

Can't remember another season that I've been quite so disillusioned by.

We are totally confused to put it bluntly. Seesaw each week with no clear direction. Coaching has been abysmal. Attitude poor. Seamus to me was a breathe of fresh air in this ridiculous season. Maybe Walcott will be too.

Not on the pitch, but off the pitch, player acquisition, manager appointments, key decisions.

We've never made as many woeful ones in my time supporting the club imo, shambolic, heartbreaking.

not the worst , but its the season where the club have so much wrong.

the scouting and players acquisition - clearly something is wrong
the coaching - clearly something wrong
the players attitudes and team spirit - clearly something wrong

despite our problems everton have always had a glimmer of heart pride and fight, this is the first season in 38 years of supporting the club that i can say i see none of those everton qualities.
well actually i saw it for 90 minutes in the game the other day in the shape of seamus coleman and in our caretaker manager david unsworth.
other than that , we might as well be stoke or Swansea.

No where near as bad in hindsight. At least we had a cup run.

Cup runs mean very little if you don't pick up the pot at the end. There are lots of bad stats from that season but this one does it for me...

Martinez recorded Everton's worst haul - 20 points - at home in the club's 138-year history

That's worst in our entire history, everyone who paid for a season ticket to watch us get beat, how can it get worse than that? To put it in context we already have 23 points from our home matches in this abomination of a season.

Think time has erased a lot of peoples pain from what was truly a miserable season once we got knocked out of the league cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.