Is this the season when Shane Duffy breaks through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atleast one of those goals today would not of been conceeded,had Duffy of played. All of this "play it out from the back" is all well and good when our defenders seem unwilling to just boot the ball up the pitch under pressure, I think a no nonsense,strong,tall and direct centre back is just what we need,[Poor language removed] his distribution all you want,but alls Duffy would need to do to "improve his distribution" would be to allow McCarthy and Barry to come deep and pass it to them,like they do anyway,like even I could do that.

At least 1 of those goals could of been avoided if Coleman had made a tackle and stopped a cross coming in...Should we get hibbert back in to replace him?

It's been 2 games lad, very tired defenders not up to speed yet against a quality side.

Duffy deserves a chance. He must be scratching his head wondering why his chance never comes when he sits in the stands and see defensive performances like yesterday.

I thought Duffy looked very solid in pre-season too.

Duffy deserves a chance. He must be scratching his head wondering why his chance never comes when he sits in the stands and see defensive performances like yesterday.

I thought Duffy looked very solid in pre-season too.
He's looked defensively solid whenever he's played. He'd probably add 3/4 goals per season down the other end as well.

Atleast one of those goals today would not of been conceeded,had Duffy of played. All of this "play it out from the back" is all well and good when our defenders seem unwilling to just boot the ball up the pitch under pressure, I think a no nonsense,strong,tall and direct centre back is just what we need,[Poor language removed] his distribution all you want,but alls Duffy would need to do to "improve his distribution" would be to allow McCarthy and Barry to come deep and pass it to them,like they do anyway,like even I could do that.

....I think its odd to say had Duffy played he would've stopped us conceding a goal. Had he played we might well have conceded more. I saw players getting in behind him at U21 level last season, whereas Jagielka and Distin kept Sanchez quiet. I don't know whether Duffy will make it at Everton, but I suspect that in time he'll be slipping further down the pecking order behind Galloway and Browning.

Would Duffy be playing for any of the top 7 sides?
Fair do's Chelsea & Man City have really strong squads. But you're saying randoms like Sakho, Chiriches or the many others are so much better than Duffy that we should write him off now? He's got a similar frame to Mertesacker but it's definitely not worth seeing if we can develop him and have a player like that for free?

At least 1 of those goals could of been avoided if Coleman had made a tackle and stopped a cross coming in...Should we get hibbert back in to replace him?

It's been 2 games lad, very tired defenders not up to speed yet against a quality side.

Coleman was very suspect in defence I dunno if that was down to fitness or what.

our two defenders combined age is 68 years old - the last goal Jags pathetic jump to head the ball makes me feel he should be rested, and stones returns with Distan and then phase Distan out - when Jags was injured we looked better at the back ! 4 points thrown away to date with those two the first goal they were in a day dream watch their positions on Arsenals first goal static and marking no one - Coleman and Osman were the only ones to stop the goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.