Is Our Turgid Football Due To The Sides We Face Early On

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillLovesRoo

Player Valuation: £6m
Lets all be honest here.
In the 3 competitive games we have played so far, we have struggled to put any sort of attacking fluency together whatsover.

With City (A), Chelsea (A), Spurs (H) & Utd (A) as our next 4 league fixtures, has Koeman decided to drill us to our back teeth on defensive responsibility, defensive tactics, set piece defending, and our shape without the ball?

Looking at the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool in hte first week, they are going to give us a chance of goal even if we dont do to much going forward, at set pieces especially. Is Koeman thinking, a solid defence is the best way to approach these games and if he has to play these tactics for the first couple of games to get the players used to it than so be it?

If that is the case than i am more than happy with the start we have made, as if we go thrash for thrash with some of these sides, it may end up cricket scores, usually not in our favour.

Well that is what im hoping he is doing anyway, and then the good football will come afterwards, or am i giving Koeman to much credit?

As has been highlighted numerous times, we are struggling to gel as a team and the side looks unbalanced. However saying that stoke along with West Brom are probably the most negative teams in the league and better teams than Everton will struggle to look good playing against them. I predicted 1-0 to Everton in my sky super 6, it's just a pity I got the other 5 wrong.

No, we've added 4 new faces to the attacking line up. It takes time for them to adjust to a new way of playing or a new league/culture.

They'll click once everyone is settled and we'll be a strong setup

I think a lot of people are underestimating the fact we've undergone a wholesale rebuilding . It absolutely is going to take time, I'm far from excited or delighted at what we've seen so far but we are a work in progress .

We have one of the best defences /defensive mid in the league imo. However man u pick pocketing lukaku from us is costing - DCL has no place in a team challenging for top 5 (good lad but should be no more than 3rd choice striker for us)

Playing poorly, but every competitive fixture has ended in a 1-0 win. Great teams win when playing badly.
Reminds me of that purple patch of 1-0 wins we had under Moyes years ago. He set us up to be hard to beat, perhaps Koeman is thinking similarly.

It's not only turgid though, that first half performance on saturday was really outstandingly poor. In fact, as bad as any of the dreadful stuff served up by the last manager.

3 men at the back, only 1 of them really comfortable on the ball, making Jags look like a Sunday league player at times with his distribution, all because there was no movement in front of him and nobody to pass to, hence him playing pathetically bad balls down the line to nobody.

Baines might have been a wing back 5 seasons ago, but not now.

Need to seriously up the ante, but don't think that will be done by playing a system which suits nobody on the pitch.

To be fair, I think in Koemans eyes fitness, hard work and results comes first. Football comes later.

This was the case last season, and by all accounts Koemans' teams go through dodgy patches of form anyway.

Keep winning and I'm not arsed but it would be nice to see some boss togger before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.