Is our squad rotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
Whilst I think most can agree that Martinez was wrong and not up to the job, but the way our squad downed tools in his final months, even during the cup semi-final was frankly a disgrace for any professional, let alone the senior ones we have at our club.

At the time we gave them the benefit of the doubt, saying it was Martinez was the wrong 'un and they'd be better under the right manager, but tonight reminded me of those dark days under Martinez. The squad just don't appear bothered.

It makes me wonder whether it isn't the manager but rather these so called professionals we've got in our squad.

Whilst I think most can agree that Martinez was wrong and not up to the job, but the way our squad downed tools in his final months, even during the cup semi-final was frankly a disgrace for any professional, let alone the senior ones we have at our club.

At the time we gave them the benefit of the doubt, saying it was Martinez was the wrong 'un and they'd be better under the right manager, but tonight reminded me of those dark days under Martinez. The squad just don't appear bothered.

It makes me wonder whether it isn't the manager but rather these so called professionals we've got in our squad.

It's an almost new team, apart from Jags and Baines all others were his players

I just can't believe how awful we are. I think given time Koeman will eventually stumble across a team but can we wait until January like we did last season? Big, big problems

I thought that too, and the players must shoulder the blame, but with so many of them new, how could they have such a bad attitude individually and collectively? If that's the case, it comes back down to Koeman and Walsh anyway.

In football the manager carries the can and the players know it. If there is underlying bad feeling towards Koeman, the players won't put the club first and knuckle down - they'll carry on in the same spineless cowardly manner as they have been doing until he is out.

It does look as if the bottom has fallen out in terms of morale and organisation and we will probably be on the end of another few hidings before something is done.

Ultimately it has to be Koeman taking responsibility. I just hope that the clubs lawyers drew up a contract that doesn't reward failure quite as handsomely as it did for Martinez.

There just isn't anything there.

Hope for the best rather than any sort of tactic. A broken record but this is what the lack of striker has cost us, koeman hasn't got a clue how to make a team out of these players

Status
Not open for further replies.