Is it time to panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to panic when I couldn't fart in front of me bird, but one night I let one slip and went under the covers and nearly choked meself out. From the coughing she woke up and started laughing after she knew I'd let one rip and called me a pig. Moral of the story is, don't panic.

Based on last summer? When the window has closed. Other teams are barely doing anything, especially ones we'll be competing with.

I have been in panic mode for at least 20 years with regards Everton. It has become an inherent requirement that often mutates in and out of apathy.

But yeah there is still time to get a few signings in and a few wasters out. Lets be honest, It wouldn't be Everton if we didn't leave it till the last minute to make things as difficult as possible. Second season for Silva and it has to be better than the last one so i am expecting there to be some increased activity in these last 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm more bothered that I just read that rugby 6 nations is the latest sport to be stolen from the public.

By my reckoning today's Wimbledon final will be the last major sporting event free to air until next year - unless they plan to flog that off too.

Sad times.
cricket world up is on channel 4 today mert!

lets hope the boys don't panic !

It's way too early to be concerned, things are only starting to kick into gear on the merry go-round now.

I'd like most of our incomings to be sorted by the end of the month but even then I think we'll be waiting.

As long as we have close to what we are looking for by the close of the window, it's ok if not ideal.

They know what they need and they know the budget, I know there are rumblings about austerity etc but that would have been known to them a long time back surely - given there have been no major imcomings/outgoings since last summer - and they would have planned to suit.

Things will happen.

Although I think we will sign another 3 or 4 and I am not panicking about that, I do worry that unless those 3 or 4 have good connections within our squad already or PL experience, it may take some time for them to bed in properly (which was the case for pretty much everyone we signed last summer).

Zouma settled quickest because he was already a Premier league player. Gomes knows us this time around and Delph knows the league plus Keane and Pickford from England setup so no issues there, however if we sign a few young unproven PL players (e.g Kean and Malcom), it is a lot to ask them to hit the ground running and if they do, it is even more to expect them to sustain that level for a whole season.

Signing proven PL players has actually been the secret to the RS success. They let the likes of Southampton, Sunderland, Hull and Newcastle bed in the likes of Van Dijk, Mane, Lovren, Lallana, Henderson, Robertson, Wijnaldum. Even Chelsea bed in Salah to a certain extent.

But the likes of Matip, Fabinho, Keita and even Firmino all took a little time to settle as they had no PL experience. The only exception I can think to this is Alisson.

Having a proven PL core is so important and we are a season better off in this respect. If we sign 3 to 4 new players who have no experience of this league, we must not expect too much too soon - particularly as they will only have a few weeks to bed in with the squad. We should have higher expectations from signings like Delph though.

Oh and purely on the examples above, I think Costa would be an amazing signing for us and one we could expect to hit the ground running...

Status
Not open for further replies.