Homepage Update: Interview with Neville Southall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-GOTTV

Player Valuation: £8m
Adam-GOTTV submitted a new blog post

Interview with Neville Southall
GRANDOLDTEAMTV-Southall-1024x444.jpg

GrandOldTeam TV phoned Everton legend Neville Southall on Thursday night for a little chat.

Nev spoke about the philosophy of the club over the past couple of years and the need to adopt a winning mentality moving forward.

Adam also asked about how Howard Kendall only encouraged the best in the 80s and the differences between that Everton team and the modern equivalent.

Southall, who played 578 times for Everton and won the league twice, offered his suggestions for improving the atmosphere at Goodison, as well as talking about Everton’s current goalkeepers.

To finish, Nev gave his opinion on the potential return of Wayne Rooney and the future of Ross Barkley.

Remember to like, share and subscribe!

Very good as always @Adam-GOTTV

Well I say very good. He doesn't give you much room to get a question in! But sometimes those are the best interviews.

Nev is a funny one with me. He makes some really really good points on some things. But also the odd crazy one. Same as everyone I suppose.

Still the best keeper the game has ever seen.

I said to @GrandOldTeam earlier, I just sat there like "I'm chatting to Nev on the phone in my box room here". Ha-ha. Surreal. Wish I could go back and tell that little seven-year-old me in the street end that one day he'll have a chat with Nev about Everton. Enjoyed it though, he's got some funky ideas but I respect them all because it's him. Such a nice fella and again, he didn't have to spend time talking to me.

Thanks for listening and being supportive as always @ijjysmith!

GrandOldTeam TV phoned Everton legend Neville Southall on Thursday night for a little chat.

Nev spoke about the philosophy of the club over the past couple of years and the need to adopt a winning mentality moving forward.

Adam also asked about how Howard Kendall only encouraged the best in the 80s and the differences between that Everton team and the modern equivalent.

Southall, who played 578 times for Everton and won the league twice, offered his suggestions for improving the atmosphere at Goodison, as well as talking about Everton’s current goalkeepers.

To finish, Nev gave his opinion on the potential return of Wayne Rooney and the future of Ross Barkley.

Really enjoyed that mate.

Who's next?

Thanks for that gem, Adam-GOTTV. Neville Southall should be involved in a capacity at Everton! I liked his suggestions for creating atmosphere at Goodison or our new stadium. They do it in European Basketball home matches so why not football, for example? He's right about the amateur-ish sound system at Everton too. His points about wanting the fans and team and club to be 'one' entity are brilliant and should be noted. Neville Southall clearly wants Everton to be at the top. He was hesitant about Rooney cos he knows he's 31 or so but I think we should go out and get him (and others) especially if Lukaku wants out. Great interview! ty.;)

For those that haven't listened yet, he called Robles and Stek decent keepers, who have a good spell, then some poor ones, but won't win us the league. He suggested Koeman takes no BS and is the best manager we've had since Joe Royle. He said players can get their coats (including Lukaku) if they don't want to be here. He talked about the mentality of the whole club being '6th is fantastic' or '4th is fantastic' and the difference between players in his time at Everton who had had enough and would not settle for anything but winning. Great interview, listen to it!

Last edited:
Very good as always @Adam-GOTTV

Well I say very good. He doesn't give you much room to get a question in! But sometimes those are the best interviews.

Nev is a funny one with me. He makes some really really good points on some things. But also the odd crazy one. Same as everyone I suppose.

Still the best keeper the game has ever seen.
Keepers are all nuts, especially the good ones

WINNER .

Capital letters WINNER .

Always remember his "sit in" because he knew it wasnt good enough. Seen a little bit of the same attitude agst Man Utd...Williams & Lukaku .Wish we had a few more like that in the squad.Koeman knows all about that side of the game , he demanded the best in his playing days. Early days yet but he will instill that into the squad.....Bet he would love Nev in his hey day here at the club now......WINNERS.

Good stuff mate enjoyed that. Think he's got that concept of a winning mentality nailed really, and also why we've moved away from that. Key now is our recruitments in summer, I rate Koeman as having that winner mentality, hopefully Walsh can bring in players that have the desire and the talent to supplement what we already have.

Well done there Adam. Living the dream getting to talk to Everton legends about Everton. What's great here is that maddeningly Nev is persona non grata with the Club, Echo and fansites like 7.5TV and Bluebutbrownnosers, so it's rare we get to hear from the great man

Status
Not open for further replies.