International Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's playing centrally, in his natural position.

As always with Pienaar, he's a joy to watch. The movement, the intelligence, the awareness and the quick, intricate passing.

One of my favorite players in world football.

Our central midfeild is probably the worst it has been in 25 years, how we are close to qualifying for a World Cup is beyond me. Gibson has potential but lacks the consistencey and expierence.

Pity the rest of the squad is pretty compatant, with a few match winners.

Sort it out Trap.

Our central midfeild is probably the worst it has been in 25 years, how we are close to qualifying for a World Cup is beyond me. Gibson has potential but lacks the consistencey and expierence.

Pity the rest of the squad is pretty compatant, with a few match winners.

Sort it out Trap.

Is he still not using Andy Reid?

I know he's a chunky [Poor language removed] but he's got a bit of craft about him. A good left foot and a decent passer of the ball.

Neither of your centre midfielders want the ball.

how come ireland are playing a friendly and not a qualifier ?

a joke that clubs having got their players fit in pre-season, have to then give them up for a meaningless friendly and risk them getting injured with the enforced transfer window just closed.

how brassed would we be if any of our players got injured in a friendly, it could happen with them not having played for us ffs, would we seek compo in that case ? didn't the barcodes sue the f.a. when owen get crocked ?

Is he still not using Andy Reid?

I know he's a chunky [Poor language removed] but he's got a bit of craft about him. A good left foot and a decent passer of the ball.

Neither of your centre midfielders want the ball.

And Gibson i rate more then Whelan prepare yourself for a borefest if he comes on on.

No he wont pick Andy probably the only player we have available with a bit of guile about him - playing very well for Sunderland too. He wont pick Carsley either who certainly would be an upgrade on Whealn or Andrews. Hopefully Stevan Reid will come back into the team when fit. While i wouldnt have Ireland back at this stage of qualifying no matter how good he is. Id nearly give Garvin a chance at Ipswich.

The Trap doesnt like his players thinking to much or deviateing from his system. Painfull when youve been brought up on Keane, Sheedy, Houghton, Brady, McGrath and Whealan.

Pienaar is the best player on the pitch so far. Ireland looked rubbish so far, totally undeserved goal.

That Gaxa(?) on the right wing looks ok going at defenders.

And Gibson i rate more then Whelan prepare yourself for a borefest if he comes on on.

No he wont pick Andy probably the only player we have available with a bit of guile about him - playing very well for Sunderland too. He wont pick Carsley either who certainly would be an upgrade on Whealn or Andrews. Hopefully Stevan Reid will come back into the team when fit. While i wouldnt have Ireland back at this stage of qualifying no matter how good he is. Id nearly give Garvin a chance at Ipswich.

The Trap doesnt like his players thinking to much or deviateing from his system. Painfull when youve been brought up on Keane, Sheedy, Houghton, Brady, McGrath and Whealan.

I don't think we'll see Steven Reid for quite a while to be honest. I can't see him ever getting back to the level he was at a few years ago. The options seem limited for Ireland at the moment.

It's a shame Steven Ireland's turned his back on Ireland, he's exactly what you need and still very young. Wasn't he getting bullied by certain Irish players?

Judging by the Confederations cup and this game I think South Africa would be a decent side if they had a proper striker. They play some decent football.

I don't think we'll see Steven Reid for quite a while to be honest. I can't see him ever getting back to the level he was at a few years ago. The options seem limited for Ireland at the moment.

It's a shame Steven Ireland's turned his back on Ireland, he's exactly what you need and still very young. Wasn't he getting bullied by certain Irish players?

Judging by the Confederations cup and this game I think South Africa would be a decent side if they had a proper striker. They play some decent football.

That Stephen Ireland is a right tart for that.

For not playing for his country because he was "bullied" if that's true. He brought the piss taking on himself, which he's admitted, and the dead grandma story is just odd in the first place.

Nothing to do with his grandma, they where supposedly picking on him because of his hair implants. There where rumours that a few of them pinned him down and tried to pull them out.:blink:

If he's getting bullied then I don't see why he should play for Ireland.

Nothing to do with his grandma, they where supposedly picking on him because of his hair implants. There where rumours that a few of them pinned him down and tried to pull them out.:blink:

If he's getting bullied then I don't see why he should play for Ireland.

Ha ha heard it all mate i very much doubt it, i would say its more the FAI hanging out to dry, during a difficult time.

I have friends in the squad (went to school with) and they say its because the FAI didnt support him during the controversy and indeed went public and subsequently ommitted him from squads because of his deceit in what was a very difficult time for him. Rather then anything. Cant see the bullying being true myself, escpecially with Bobby Robson on the scene at the time though i hear everything he owns is pink.

He has form as well he refused to be picked for the underage teams for a few years after a fall out with the youth team coach.

Its incidental anyway, i dont want him back in the squad at this stage of qualifying.

Ha ha heard it all mate i very much doubt it, i would say its more the FAI hanging out to dry, during a difficult time.

I have friends in the squad (went to school with) and they say its because the FAI didnt support him during the controversy and indeed went public and subsequently ommitted him from squads because of his deceit in what was a very difficult time for him. Rather then anything. Cant see the bullying being true myself, escpecially with Bobby Robson on the scene at the time though i hear everything he owns is pink.

He has form as well he refused to be picked for the underage teams for a few years after a fall out with the youth team coach.

Its incidental anyway, i dont want him back in the squad at this stage of qualifying.

that's what I heard about the pink stuff, his bird tooled up his car with bright pink rims lol.

Couldn't take the banter in other words. He couldve had a word with the gaffer like. But to refuse to play when, arguably, he could be irelands best player.

Didn't the current rep Ireland manager sat down with him and asked him to play and he's said no?

There would be mass kick off if someone like gerrard did the same.

Last edited:
that's what I heard about the pink stuff, his bird tooled up his car with bright pink rims lol.

Couldn't take the banter in other words. He couldve had a word with the gaffer like. But to refuse to play when, arguably, he could be irelands best player.

Didn't the current rep Ireland manager sat down with him and asked him to play and he's said no?

I think that could very well describe Steven Ireland :oops:

Aye mate the deal was his girlfriend had a miscarrige and he needed to drop out of the squad being one of the most media sought after players at the time he didnt want it splashed all over the media. So he told the management his grandmother had died. Que next day, in the front of one of the red tops over here Irelands Granny waving happily on the front page.

The FAI quickly arranged a press conference where they expressed thier shock, apaul and condemation of Irelands behviour while he comforted his girlfreind in Manchester. He subsequently wasnt picked for the next couple of squads as a punishment and after Stan got the bullit the stand in manager (who was also the underage manager Ireland refused to play for) had a go at him in the press, raking up the whole incident again.

From that point on he refused to play - cant say i blame in many ways the FAI are a shambles and he was hung out to dry in the whole affair - still i think he was never pratciularly keen to play for Ireland and he doesnt deserve a place in any world cup squad should we qualify, hes a bit of a weirdo in the Roy Keane mould i hear but not a bad player not as good as many make out though.

I think the Trap did try and convince him to come back - but he refused - i dont think the Trap is to bothered he doesnt really like players with a bit of guile.

Status
Not open for further replies.