Interesting read, Moshiri, finances etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I disagree, he has changed the game already. There is no way we could build a stadium without him. We probably wouldn't have seen the same level of commercial growth we are set to see next year due to sponsorships from companies he has a stake in.

I think there is a disconnect between expectations and the speed they can be delivered on. When were we ever arsed about FFP? The fact that we are discussing it at all is a change and we are discussing it because Moshiri has given us a better opportunity to compete. Anyone thinking his ownership guarantees anything should reign that opinion in right now. It won't guarantee success but it will and has given us a better chance of it.
One of the most sensible posts I've seen anywhere on GOT.
You feeling ok Jake:/
Seriously though, I agree with what you wrote.

I'm not saying he hasn't shifted us up a gear. But there are obvious limits to the progress he offers us.

So Dave you weren't happy with Kenwright ( wholeheartedly agree ).
Your not happy with Moshiri.
You would not be happy at all with Usmanov.
You also would not be happy with Man City's owners.
Beginning to think your just happy moaning, but benefit of the doubt, what would you be h Appy with ?
By the way when we were called the Mersey millionaires, we had a chairman called John Moores who like Moshiri gave us interest free loans and we done quite well with him.

I think the plan revolves around building an A road ( rather than B ) to the regional capital, which will then open up new doors in a virtous circle kind of way.

Compared to when we were last in it, the Europa League is significantly more lucrative financially, so that's just one example of a possible stepping stone.
That's the plan, and a very modest one it is really (you have to go a hell of a long way in the EL, for example, to make that pay even with the boost in cash it's recently had).

In fact, listen to Moshiri and the scale of the challenge for us to get near the PL financial elite is readily admitted and he pulls no punches on how a model like ours will be difficult to propel us toward that elite. I think those worshipping him need to take that on board.

if you have the type of wonga the City people have they'd just create their own sponsorship or even just take a massive fine and a year ban from UEFA competition...I mean so what anyway, you miss out on the EL Mickey Mouse Cup in exchange for building up a great squad. Good deal to me.
Meanwhile, back in this universe.

That's the plan, and a very modest one it is really (you have to go a hell of a long way in the EL, for example, to make that pay even with the boost in cash it's recently had).

In fact, listen to Moshiri and the scale of the challenge for us to get near the PL financial elite is readily admitted and he pulls no punches on how a model like ours will be difficult to propel us toward that elite. I think those worshipping him need to take that on board.

I agree with the general thrust of that, but make no mistake, the plan ain't modest, it's actually very ambitious.

But you're spot on about delivering it being difficult. The commercial side and the playing side have to come together nigh on perfectly to create the required virtous circle.

It might not happen in the end, but I reckon we're all going to have a lot more fun being part of the attempt over the next five to ten years than we would otherwise be having stagnating and slowly slipping further behind.

One of the most sensible posts I've seen anywhere on GOT.
You feeling ok Jake:/
Seriously though, I agree with what you wrote.
Ha, I try. Dave gets a bad rep but he at least gets discussion going. We can see eye to eye on some things and not on others and everything will be OK.

I can see his point here about the expectations we have maybe not being met but I think that fault lies with us rather than Moshiri.

The tagline of "nothing will ever be the same" will be something some point to as a promise but he really hasn't written any cheques he can't cash just yet personally.

If some of us think we're in a position to compete with City and Utd for signings then they're going to be upset. We're not there but there definitely seems to be a plan to work towards that which makes me a lot happier than simply surviving in the Premier League.

We used to be worried about the banks foreclosing on us and calling in the debt, having to gut the squad to stay afloat. Now we're looking at financial statements showing over 20 million as a loss and nobody is running around like chicken little. It is a massive difference to me at least.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-drop-out-deloitte-money-12473126

We've slipped out of the top 20.

Shows how pathetic our past commercial deals, etc have been when the likes of Newcastle, Southampton and West Ham are leapfrogging us in terms of revenue.

Seeing West Ham in that list and not us is hard to swallow.
BUT both WHam and So'ton did get into Europa two seasons in a row, so it's understandable and Newcastle have the history and brand image still.

With the USM contributing and hopefully Europa of our own we'll be much higher in the coming years.

BUT both WHam and So'ton did get into Europa two seasons in a row, so it's understandable and Newcastle have the history and brand image still.

With the USM contributing and hopefully Europa of our own we'll be much higher in the coming years.
All three of them clubs have had multiple relegations from the Premier League.

A team that has been consistently in it should not below them in the world financial standings.

It really does show what a poor job the likes of Elstone has done.

What history? They've had 2 relegation's in the last 10 years and haven't won a trophy for almost 50 years. Surely with Newcastle it is due to their attendances of over 50,000 compared to our 38,000, and they also get shown live on TV a lot for such a poor team, a similar amount to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.