Interesting read, Moshiri, finances etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the problem with relying on TV money to make up a decent portion of the revenue? Yes we need to improve other revenue generating areas of our operation but likening our reliance on TV money to that of a junkie and his methodone hit is a bit much.

If that makes us a basket case then nearly all of the rest of the Premier League is as well, especially those we outperform in those other revenue generating activities.
My point: Moshiri is billed as the game changer. He's not.

I'd say he's more of a facilitator for medium to long term change myself. By which I mean he has the nous to get stuff done, won't be able ( or willing ) to fund everything himself, but will be able to find funding which doesn't cripple the club with debt.

Plainly if people believe everything they read on the internet or the Echo, then they may well be disappointed, but I suspect most Blues ( including yourself ) recognise the scale of the work to be done and appreciate it won't happen overnight.

To be honest mate, a massive investor wouldn't make that much difference due to us abiding by FFP regulations. We missed the boat on that one. We need to give Moshiri time, the early indications are that he is addressing our awful commercial performance, which although it won't put us on an equal footing with those above us, will at least make us more competitive in the transfer market and the wages we can pay.
if you have the type of wonga the City people have they'd just create their own sponsorship or even just take a massive fine and a year ban from UEFA competition...I mean so what anyway, you miss out on the EL Mickey Mouse Cup in exchange for building up a great squad. Good deal to me.

Moshiri offers us what we had on offer to us before he turned up: a facility led 'recovery'. All he's done in that respect is to loan the club some money to allow a freer hand on how and where we pursue that stadium scheme.

Well I disagree, he has changed the game already. There is no way we could build a stadium without him. We probably wouldn't have seen the same level of commercial growth we are set to see next year due to sponsorships from companies he has a stake in.

I think there is a disconnect between expectations and the speed they can be delivered on. When were we ever arsed about FFP? The fact that we are discussing it at all is a change and we are discussing it because Moshiri has given us a better opportunity to compete. Anyone thinking his ownership guarantees anything should reign that opinion in right now. It won't guarantee success but it will and has given us a better chance of it.

if you have the type of wonga the City people have they'd just create their own sponsorship or even just take a massive fine and a year ban from UEFA competition...I mean so what anyway, you miss out on the EL Mickey Mouse Cup in exchange for building up a great squad. Good deal to me.

Moshiri offers us what we had on offer to us before he turned up: a facility led 'recovery'. All he's done in that respect is to loan the club some money to allow a freer hand on how and where we pursue that stadium scheme.

Aye but if say we qualified for the Champions League and were prevented from playing in it and receiving the extra revenue I would imagine it would be a different tune.

I'd say he's more of a facilitator for medium to long term change myself. By which I mean he has the nous to get stuff done, won't be able ( or willing ) to fund everything himself, but will be able to find funding which doesn't cripple the club with debt.

Plainly if people believe everything they read on the internet or the Echo, then they may well be disappointed, but I suspect most Blues ( including yourself ) recognise the scale of the work to be done and appreciate it won't happen overnight.
His presence here has been oversold. I agree with your evaluation that he can smooth over paths that would have been too difficult to traverse without his input.

To continue the metaphor, he's tarmacing a B road to a small regional capital rather than building a runway for airliners bound for the worlds great metropolis's.

His presence here has been oversold. I agree with your evaluation that he can smooth over paths that would have been too difficult to traverse without his input.

To continue the metaphor, he's tarmacing a B road to a small regional capital rather than building a runway for airliners bound for the worlds great metropolis's.

I think the plan revolves around building an A road ( rather than B ) to the regional capital, which will then open up new doors in a virtous circle kind of way.

Compared to when we were last in it, the Europa League is significantly more lucrative financially, so that's just one example of a possible stepping stone.

Well I disagree, he has changed the game already. There is no way we could build a stadium without him. We probably wouldn't have seen the same level of commercial growth we are set to see next year due to sponsorships from companies he has a stake in.

I think there is a disconnect between expectations and the speed they can be delivered on. When were we ever arsed about FFP? The fact that we are discussing it at all is a change and we are discussing it because Moshiri has given us a better opportunity to compete. Anyone thinking his ownership guarantees anything should reign that opinion in right now. It won't guarantee success but it will and has given us a better chance of it.

I'm not saying he hasn't shifted us up a gear. But there are obvious limits to the progress he offers us.

Status
Not open for further replies.