Injury spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashtray

Player Valuation: £25m
This is going to be an interesting time.

Every game has new injuries being mentioned, generally worried about a few players now.

Big fixtures coming up too.

Do you tink other clubs are feeling the effects too? Is the Nov schedule to blame?

Part of the game. The harder and faster each team plays the game the more likely players are to break down. Ironic in the days where crunching tackles are punished and the fame is almost like basketball now.

I'm waiting for the first player to end their career diving. Rs hopefully just for the exquisite irony.

Nice to see punctuation in the threat title by the way.

It's a squad game. The league is usually won by the side with the best squad. This is where Everton fans often get carried away. Our first XI is competitive, but we have little to no reserve. We win a few games with our best XI and people are tipping us for great things - but we should be measuring ourselves by our weakest links. How many do we have (even in our first XI) compared to those around us? How many weak links do we have out of 22? I'd argue we have plenty in our first XI, so we badly need to strengthen to seriously challenge.

The club can say otherwise, and maybe Carlo will too (because he is a good manager and knows how to man manage), but the current squad is not good enough for the possibilities currently presented. What a pity that Moshiri sprayed money around mindlessly when we were dreadful only to starve the superstar manager who has taken the club to the verge of title contention just when it was possible for us to break our self-imposed glass ceiling. I still think we'll strengthen in some way. I just don't see the logic of, first, hiring a man like Carlo Ancelotti and not backing him, and second, wasting what could be a once-in-an-era opportunity that has levelled the playing field temporarily.

That said, if Carlo gets us into the Europa League, we're making excellent progress. It's just that the Champions League, if not quite the title right now, is currently tantalisingly close for a club with serious ambition.

This is going to be an interesting time.

Every game has new injuries being mentioned, generally worried about a few players now.

Big fixtures coming up too.

Do you tink other clubs are feeling the effects too? Is the Nov schedule to blame?
I think Digne and Iwobi are just being rested mate as Carlo has already confirmed they'll be available for the Leicester game. On the plus side DCL is available again and Carlo has confirmed that both James and Gomes are showing good fitness.

It would have been nice to have Allan back for the Leicester game but apart from Nkounkou, who has only played a handful of premier minutes this season anyway, I'm not aware of anybody else joining the injury list.

Whilst key players like KDB and Vardey have been ruled out for other clubs.

I also like the way that Carlo plays down the injuries rather than moaning like other clubs. By comparison Parker, who says he has NO injury worries at Fulham, is moaning that he may get some because of the congested fixture list.

I think Digne and Iwobi are just being rested mate as Carlo has already confirmed they'll be available for the Leicester game. On the plus side DCL is available again and Carlo has confirmed that both James and Gomes are showing good fitness.

It would have been nice to have Allan back for the Leicester game but apart from Nkounkou, who has only played a handful of premier minutes this season anyway, I'm not aware of anybody else joining the injury list.

Whilst key players like KDB and Vardey have been ruled out for other clubs.

I also like the way that Carlo plays down the injuries rather than moaning like other clubs. By comparison Parker, who says he has NO injury worries at Fulham, is moaning that he may get some because of the congested fixture list.
I thought this might’ve been the case, but it seems strange since it feels like we haven’t played in about 3 weeks.

It's a squad game. The league is usually won by the side with the best squad. This is where Everton fans often get carried away. Our first XI is competitive, but we have little to no reserve. We win a few games with our best XI and people are tipping us for great things - but we should be measuring ourselves by our weakest links. How many do we have (even in our first XI) compared to those around us? How many weak links do we have out of 22? I'd argue we have plenty in our first XI, so we badly need to strengthen to seriously challenge.

The club can say otherwise, and maybe Carlo will too (because he is a good manager and knows how to man manage), but the current squad is not good enough for the possibilities currently presented. What a pity that Moshiri sprayed money around mindlessly when we were dreadful only to starve the superstar manager who has taken the club to the verge of title contention just when it was possible for us to break our self-imposed glass ceiling. I still think we'll strengthen in some way. I just don't see the logic of, first, hiring a man like Carlo Ancelotti and not backing him, and second, wasting what could be a once-in-an-era opportunity that has levelled the playing field temporarily.

That said, if Carlo gets us into the Europa League, we're making excellent progress. It's just that the Champions League, if not quite the title right now, is currently tantalisingly close for a club with serious ambition.
James, Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey have all been brought in for decent fees/big wages in the last year. There is only so much that can be done when we have such a bloated and expensive squad already. Think we will struggle to challenge for the title, you are right that we might struggle squad wise, but we should be able to challenge for the last couple of CL spaces imo, as long as we don't get too many bad/long term injuries to the wrong players.

Clubs can moan all they want but they knew they were getting more frequent games and they know that obviously means more fatigue. They cry-arsing is boring now, if it’s that much of a problem why not just can the league seeing as there is also a pandemic going on?

But of course money is the top priority so they won’t making their whining utterly redundant.

I heard a theory that perhaps Iwobi and Digne were having to self isolate since shortly after Wolves. Hence knowing they're out Sunday but deffo back for Wednesday but not wanting to say why...

Status
Not open for further replies.