Injury news! Rodwell out for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton midfielder and England hopeful Jack Rodwell has been ruled out for up to three months with damaged ankle ligaments.

The £25million-rated teenager injured the ankle in a challenge by Stephen Warnock as Everton lost 1-0 at Aston Villa a week last Sunday, but the club could not get a definitive prognosis until yesterday due to swelling of the joint.

article-0-0AF6E844000005DC-320_468x333.jpg
Crunch time: Jack Rodwell (left) faces a stint in the treatment room after coming off worse in this challenge with Stephen Warnock

The news will be a blow to manager David Moyes and England manager Fabio Capello, who was considering calling up the 19-year-old ahead of next month’s European qualifier against Montenegro.

Yet the verdict is better than Everton first feared, having lost Marouane Fellaini for five months to a similar injury last season.

Rodwell signed a five-year deal in the summer amid interest from Manchester United, who face Everton at Goodison Park on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-sidelines-Everton-starlet.html#ixzz0yyoOGqWQ

Spoke to S last night .

He said he was out , but didn't mention no 3 moon - NOR 3 years , btw .

Hmmm,...

Its the Daily Mail. They don't do factual reporting.

I won't believe it until it's in the Sunday Sport or National Enquirer.

Hope he is back by January. Just in time to play with Donovan again!

I just got my freaking Rodders Shirt last week, and now he is out. I will still wear it though.

Some one please pass me the fukking bleach.......!!!!

Hope he is back by January. Just in time to play with Donovan again!

I just got my freaking Rodders Shirt last week, and now he is out. I will still wear it though.

if anyone wants to contribute to my old mass-suicide thread, it should still be open

A tad paranoid , perhaps .

It IS NOT great news , I grant you , BUT I also don't believe it's as bad as the forecast here .

We shall , as ever , see ,...

this season is starting to look an awful lot like '09-'10... even the bit about Donovan coming (it appears his role will be the same: "we are in danger of sinking, help us stay afloat a bit longer"). WTF...

Status
Not open for further replies.