injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure i read that mccarthy and stones are a few weeks away . osman i dont know and mirrales is carrying a knock.

note : i still dont see injuries as the issue or the saviour of our current form. remember last season ? we had so so so many long term injuries yet still finished with that points tally and just missed out on champions league.

One big worry for me is the senior head of medicine has left after 13 years of service without so much as an official reason from the club which can only lead to speculation, speculation that is suggesting players are being rushed back, which tally's with the Stones begging not to play on Boxing Day story.

physio room, quoted mirallas has an ankle knock on my twitter feed.
Mirallas showing his steely, never say die attitude again then.....When we're fighting for our lives come April/May, he shouldn't be anywhere near the side. You wouldn't have wanted him alongside you in the trenches.

Mirallas showing his steely, never say die attitude again then.....When we're fighting for our lives come April/May, he shouldn't be anywhere near the side. You wouldn't have wanted him alongside you in the trenches.
the guy's an enigma. for me he has it all pace, skill , clinical finisher ,our top A list player, but seems to be playing within himself since his injury. 1 think it could be is a slight mental problem after coming back from a grade 3 tear it does your head in for quite a while. I have had one myself and you find yourself holding back because you are just waiting for it to go again.

Last edited:

Really?? I think the opposite. He has always seemed to me one of the few players to actually give a damn! Hardly his fault he was on the end of disgusting tackles by Mutch & Charlie Adam.

just reading some of martinez "strengths and weaknesses" theres an interesting bit about soft tissues injuries, (hamstrings is what im pointing at)

His qualification in physiotherapy has given him a practical understanding of injuries and he attributes this with his lack of time on the sidelines as a player and as a reason the clubs he has managed rarely suffer from injury pile-ups;

“You get accidents in football, collisions that cause injuries that can’t be avoided. But even then if your body is right it will react quicker to the treatment and recover faster. I don’t believe in soft-tissue injuries. If you get a soft-tissue injury in football, a mistake has been made. It could be the training programme, a lifestyle problem. Whatever it is, it will be a mistake. The physiotherapy was more a promise to my mother. There was no guarantee I was going to earn a living in football and she wanted me to have an alternative. I was six months into doing my hospital hours when I moved to England. But it really helped me to understand my body when I was playing and to understand injuries and how the body can recover. I was never injured for more than nine weeks in 16 years of professional football.

I’ve always been fascinated by different techniques and I look at what the best physios in the world are doing. I love that side of football. Injury prevention. Maximising physical ability. The treatment of injuries. I always believe every injury can be avoided. That’s my starting point and my staff believe the same. At this club (Wigan) we are below the average for injuries in the Premier League. It’s important. It helps”.

makes me think why are we having so many issues in this department?

link - http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/roberto-martinez-strengths-and-weaknesses/

So the OS is saying that Kone injury isnt serious but will miss the Saints game. You go to injuries and suspensions on the site and Kone isnt even on the list, nor is Lukaku. Great job guys.

So the OS is saying that Kone injury isnt serious but will miss the Saints game. You go to injuries and suspensions on the site and Kone isnt even on the list, nor is Lukaku. Great job guys.
It's because that injuries and suspensions section is for players unavailable for upcoming games. That has yet to be determined for Lukaku and Kone.

Status
Not open for further replies.