Injuries and player conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffee90

Player Valuation: £500k
Watching the spawn across the park come back again with a late equaliser, one thing is sticking out like a sore thumb at the moment to me. Clearly their first 11 is a well oiled machine, but I am astounded by the lack of even minor injuries they are facing. They are playing twice a week, and yet are running through walls for the cause. Last season was the same, their front three and defence battled through 50/60 games.

Meanwhile, every single week you can count on a couple of our key players being 'injured'. One week it's Mina, then Gomes, Delph the next, then Walcott's got a niggle. Long term injury's Bernard and Gbanim, who I firmly believe are both top 6 players. We just can't get a break. It's chronic.

What do we surmise is the reasoning for this?
Is it simply poor recruitment? Poor conditioning? Medical staff poor?

Or are we simply unlucky?

Either way it's bizarre and sickening. It's like they have opened pandora's box of football.

It depends on the conditioner Gomes puts on his hair - if he can find a blue shirt, and he looks better with Tom Davies who drives us forwards at least to stop the tippy tappy crap .....

Maybe it's just a case of good luck and things going your way. Didn't Leicester City go through their campaign with little or no injuries when they won the Premier League? How many clubs have won the League over the years having had a load of injured first-team players missing?

Watching the spawn across the park come back again with a late equaliser, one thing is sticking out like a sore thumb at the moment to me. Clearly their first 11 is a well oiled machine, but I am astounded by the lack of even minor injuries they are facing. They are playing twice a week, and yet are running through walls for the cause. Last season was the same, their front three and defence battled through 50/60 games.

Meanwhile, every single week you can count on a couple of our key players being 'injured'. One week it's Mina, then Gomes, Delph the next, then Walcott's got a niggle. Long term injury's Bernard and Gbanim, who I firmly believe are both top 6 players. We just can't get a break. It's chronic.

Either way it's bizarre and sickening. It's like they have opened pandora's box of football.
We have had 2 atrocious pre seasons on the run now. It's like the players are still not up to the required fitness levels till xmas

Drugs.

American owners, prepared to cheat/cast sportsmanship aside, loads of money, funding research into new stimulants/steroids - can't be detected until a test comes out for them.

Worked for lance Armstrong.

Their keeper missed the first 8 games, matip is goosed. Are you blind?

We defo bought ours from some dodgy fella at the back of the pub.
Oh for sure. And you KNOW that if our players are being tested we haven’t got the grade A Russian stuff and aren’t providing the blood transfusions to cover our tracks. We’ll get booted out the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.