Injuries: A New Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpperLeftBlue

Player Valuation: £1m
Haven't made a definite opinion on the new regime yet; I'm excited by all the change and talk of idealistic attacking football, trust from Barca to watch over Delofeu and having Lukaku for a season, but holding judgement until . One thing that has really pleasantly surprised me in the last few weeks, is how much of a change there has been in keeping fans in the loop regarding player injuries, recovery and expected return. Moyes' crew never made much or any attempt to give anyone a realistic idea of players' return; a marked difference from the current situation where there have been several statements made regarding a specific timeline for recovery from an injury that the club has actually described. I, for one, appreciate the transparency as it makes me feel like the club medical staff respect the fans and understand that we all care to know about our team's players.

Another pop at Davey thread.

whop wnop

In all fairness here, I think the fact that Roberto Martinez is a "proper time served on the wards" physiotherapist adds weight to the argument.

The lad actually has a proper qualification in the area to be fair.

How is it a pop at Moyes? He's talking about something that he's noticed from the new management when compared to the old?

I can't actually think of a way he could have made his point without mentioning what the yardstick was. He didn't call Moyes anything bad etc.

It's a positive thread, and it's a bit silly that the first response to it is what it is IMO.

they (injuries) have been the bane of our club for many a year

even when we were an extremely successful side, we still had our prominent players missing at really crucial moments

hopefully with Martinez background (he's a qualified physio right ?), we may be in a better position to avoid them

How is it a pop at Moyes? He's talking about something that he's noticed from the new management when compared to the old?

I can't actually think of a way he could have made his point without mentioning what the yardstick was. He didn't call Moyes anything bad etc.

It's a positive thread, and it's a bit silly that the first response to it is what it is IMO.

please don't ban me

I think he means that its a comparison to the old regime.

Chill all round lads, it's a good thread.

It's not a pop at Moyes, just saying I notice and like the difference since Martinez' appointment. It's still to early to know if the treatments and recovery times will be better under the new staff; that will be a much more interesting topic for discussion. I just wanted to give Martinez and his staff a compliment.

It's not a pop at Moyes, just saying I notice and like the difference since Martinez' appointment. It's still to early to know if the treatments and recovery times will be better under the new staff; that will be a much more interesting topic for discussion. I just wanted to give Martinez and his staff a compliment.

and you're right to mate, it's a relevant issue I feel

Can the new management team keep Gibson off the ale and out of Maccies? That'd cut down his injuries a bit.

Probably not, but I'm sure Martinez will take every players lifestyle and overall fitness to play Premier League football to the best of their ability into account when selecting his team. If I was paid tens of thousands of pounds a week, to do my job, I'd be quite prepared to lay off the white wine, ale, and chocolate digestives.

Status
Not open for further replies.