If you had 3 winners medals to hand out

Status
Not open for further replies.

crockyblue79

Player Valuation: £950k
You have 1 title winners medal,1 fa cup and 1 league cup,which 3 Everton players who won nothing at the club would you like to give them out to.Name each player and what medal they deserved on order of merit.
Mine-
Title medal- Tim Cahill
Fa Cup - Bob Latchford
League Cup - Alan Stubbs

i'd keep them all and say "i aint handing out trophies, you had a chance to go out and win them in a blue shirt, the closest i got was getting the new everton kit on christmas day in 1996"

Not entirely true mate, for example it wasn't Bob Latchford's fault Clive Thomas cheated him out of a chance of winning the fa cup in 77.

I was harsh yes. But even your example - had we got to the final, no guarantee we would have won it.

Look at Lineker. If he had scored at Oxford, we would have won the league in 1986. Scores 40, misses one - he lost out.

Latchford and Lyons can have the cups. And the Golden vision the league. Never seen any of these play but can't be having any of our recent ones.

Title - Latchford
FA Cup - Duncan (did first say Ferguson but realise he won the FACup so lets say MacKenzie for being magic and upsetting the dour Moyes-like Gordon Lee)
League Cup - Mick Lyons

To add to (or perhaps Hijack) the thread if you could give 3 of our managers who didn't win anything those honours who would you give them to? Mine are:

League title: Bingham
FA Cup: Harvey
League Cup: Moyes
Simod Cup or Freight Rover Trophy or whatever the worst possible trophy is: Martinez

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.