If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we get an coming manger, with no European football and with how we have performed the last few seasons what kind of players Would really want to come to us, Wolves and a few other clubs around us are more attractive to play for than us, we havnt won nothing in over 20 years so the history of the club goes out the window because the football players now wasn’t even born then, At least a manger who’s been there and done it will attract players

If we get an coming manger, with no European football and with how we have performed the last few seasons what kind of players Would really want to come to us, Wolves and a few other clubs around us are more attractive to play for than us, we havnt won nothing in over 20 years so the history of the club goes out the window because the football players now wasn’t even born then, At least a manger who’s been there and done it will attract players
This is true, however we managed to attract players last summer with a total no-mark, Lucas, Gomes, Mina (even if he has been plop), Bernard, all came, dont forget the Premier League is a massive draw. Brands convinced them, he can do it again.
However we stand no chance of getting good players this summer with Silva as they will be looking at us thinking im not getting involved with that crap

I would hope Quique Setien is on any list that Brands has written up

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...diola-la-liga-european-football-a8634341.html
Get a grip. He’s exactly what we don’t need. His Betis side are worse in defence than we are, they are wide open all the time and conceding very daft goals. His system will work at Barcelona with all those world class players, but he would get murdered at Everton with Michael Keane and Mina.

He finished last season with a negative goal difference and it’s even worse this time around.

Still a no from me. I just can’t see him being able to set up a defence.

He played in defensive minded teams like with Moyes. Did he not play under Walter Smith at rangers too. The most anti football side I've ever seen.

He takes responsibility largely for the defence at City. Set play organisation is him. City also concede very few goals despite playing the highest line in the country. You might say there's nothing to suggest he can organise a team defensively, but there is equally nothing to suggest he can't either.

It's just as important that the next manager can unite the club and restore an identity of some sort, than being purely tactically astute. That's why someone like Arteta is the way forward. Football management is 80% man management and about mentality these days. The tactical stuff is a collective effort from the huge back room staff they all have. We've tried the flavour of the months. Time to try something outside the box. Someone who would instill the right mentality. And someone that would get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.