If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, my post says I don't think he's right for us currently, but generally I think he's earned the chance at a bigger club after the job he's done at Bournemouth.

We need a winner.

Like the very best players you have to pay for them.

We are the seventh or eighth best team in what is considered to be the most exciting & lucrative league in world football.

We are being sold a dream of a state of the art super stadium on the docks & we have a Billionaire owner.

The financial dark days are supposedly behind us.

The managerial appointments need to raise our profile. Conte, Mourinho, Wenger or we deviate away from third rate clubs like PNE, Watford & Wigan and go for the next bright young thing.

Lampard, to me anyway, looks like he has massive potential & he’s connected. Arteta is serving a brilliant apprenticeship.

Everton need to stop this rot & dumbing down the expectation of the fan base.

It’s pathetic.

If we want a manager with a track record as a winner in the Prem,who know how to organise a team then it Conte is the only realistic option.Will our sell to buy strategy attract him...nah!

If this form continues until the end of the season, then you have to move for someone. Not easy to attract anyone with any pedigree at the top when we are sliding to the foot of the second tier, if that’s what happens.

We are a club in the top league and should be fully aware of who is doing what in each league. Sadly, we only seem to be aware of people who have a good run of about 8-10 games.

I’d like someone who has a plan that’s working within their limitations but is maximising what’s available. Silva’s never was and isn’t now.

Poch is an example. He took Spurs up a level but his style and plan was well known. They may need someone else to take them to the highest level but he’s moved them closer. We need to move closer too.

It has to be someone with a bit of steel.

These players don’t care as we pay them so much, whoever is out next manager needs to be able to handle that situation.

that marco silva looked alright for Hull before getting them relegated, and he did ok at Watford before getting sacked. what abar him?

We need a winner.

Like the very best players you have to pay for them.

We are the seventh or eighth best team in what is considered to be the most exciting & lucrative league in world football.

We are being sold a dream of a state of the art super stadium on the docks & we have a Billionaire owner.

The financial dark days are supposedly behind us.

The managerial appointments need to raise our profile. Conte, Mourinho, Wenger or we deviate away from third rate clubs like PNE, Watford & Wigan and go for the next bright young thing.

Lampard, to me anyway, looks like he has massive potential & he’s connected. Arteta is serving a brilliant apprenticeship.

Everton need to stop this rot & dumbing down the expectation of the fan base.

It’s pathetic.

I've not said I want Howe as manager mate!

But anyway what has Lampard done exactly? Nothing really. He's just a big name. Is he any better than Howe? Still to be seen. Likewise Arteta.

"Proven winners" are unlikely to come to us IMO. Conte especially not. I'd be massively surprised if we could attract someone of his calibre but we can hope.

But if managers didn't get chances at bigger clubs after doing well at smaller clubs then no future managers would develop. Pochettino from Southampton and Espanol for example. Benitez before he got the Valencia job. Klopp before the Dortmund job. Many many more examples. They weren't "proven winners" when they got their breaks at a big club.

Zidane! Conte! lol

it's like teenage virgins playing 'who would you rather: Pamela Anderson or Yasmin Bleeth'
Well, I'm well aware we won't get either of those, but who else is there? Other people with the same or worse track record than Silva, let's replace one with the same and see how that goes... See you in 6 months when we want to change him again, then repeat forever and ever and ever. Stick with Silva for at least a bit before we go head hunting yeah?

Also Bleeth.

Thinks that why he hasn't been sacked or why most of us are on the fence about sacking him. Theirs literally no one obvious out there to come in and replace him

If the names like Conte, Blanc or Mourinho are out of our reach I’d take a gamble and go for Arteta or Lampard. You never know how will they cope instead of a proven failure that is Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.