If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Wolves manager would come as he has been given a bit of money and has a few decent players. Hed be coming into a mess at Everton. They've still looked suspect defending wise when I've watched a few of their games.

Eddie Howe would be ok but we need someone to really lift us. I just can't think of anyone realistic at the moment who would sort us out and would give the club a lift out of the negativity we all feel at the moment.

We've got 4 games in the next 14 days followed by a 17 day gap.
Failure to get at least 1 positive result in that bunch (Huddersfield, Wolves, City, Watford) and he'll be done.
Brands has worked with Cocu at PSV for quite a few years and is currently out of work. Wouldn't surprise me to see him come in.

Agreed. Think this is where we would go with it next, rightly or wrongly.

Isn't the problem here that actually, they aren't?

Possibly. However how many of those lads have improved since getting into the first team squad?

His job is to make players available. Managers have picked them so feel they are ready. Most don't see to kick on. This is a longer term problem for Everton.

Isn't the problem here that actually, they aren't?

The more I think of him, the more he makes some sense.

I am starting to think our next manager may not be a long term pick. I am not even sure Silva is a long term pick. We need some stability for 18 months- 2 years and a manager who will make things better. Whether he stays beyond that, who knows? However the club needs a period of stability.

Cocoa knows Brands well, works well under the remit of what Brands wants, and Brands defence of him recently was quite telling.

I am by no means calling for Silva to go (things will be a lot easier if he stays and turns it around) but we are now firmly in the category where I am not too bothered either way. I remember being their with Martinez and Koeman, and both I wanted out within 4 or 5 games. I am not sure Silva has an awful lot more time.

Possibly. However how many of those lads have improved since getting into the first team squad?

His job is to make players available. Managers have picked them so feel they are ready. Most don't see to kick on. This is a longer term problem for Everton.

Dunno. Youngsters who have clearly improved here have been the likes of Stones, Lukaku, Lookman. The oned that haven't are the likes of Pennington, Davies, DCL, Kenny. There's an Unsworth-shaped difference between both groups. Interesting that the uncle of a former youth player used to post on here and he was adamant before Unsy's dreadful tenure that he was an abysmal coach who'd been carried to the U23 title by Dowell.

Status
Not open for further replies.