If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoscored states Everton have conceded the most from set piece goals, with 14 conceded. City have the third best record with 7, only the RS and Arsenal have a better record than City, with the RS conceding 6 and Arsenal conceding 4.
Percentage to goals conceded I meant, obviously they still have one of the better records in the league

I'd like to see Arteta manage us one day, but I'm in the Bieslaaa camp at the moment. Hopefully Leeds don't come up and we can get him in the Summer!

I have no problem with someone classing it as a punt or a leap of faith, because that's what it is

My issue is people acting like he is the undisputed best candidate for the job, and taking shots at those who don't

If you want him to have the job because you believe it's a gamble that will pay off then fine, so long as you accept that is IS a gamble

If he didn`t hit the ground running the shouts for his head would be defeaning within weeks.

It would be suicide for both sides.

As you say, he needs to cut his teeth elsewhere first.

Arsene Wenger just for a single term contract only, with Arteta as Assistant and ready to take over afterwards, is something I could get behind.

I don't think Arteta would settle for that though and will want his next move to be manager/head coach somewhere.

Arteta here now is too much of a shot in the dark.

Arsene Wenger just for a single term contract only, with Arteta as Assistant and ready to take over afterwards, is something I could get behind.

I don't think Arteta would settle for that though and will want his next move to be manager/head coach somewhere.

Arteta here now is too much of a shot in the dark.

Wenger is being touted for jobs within the FA.

He is too old now to try and turn a basket case of a club around and as we witnessed towards the end of his reign at the Arse, he seems to have lost some of his passion for management.

Pipe and slippers time for him I`m afraid.

Get a grip. He’s exactly what we don’t need. His Betis side are worse in defence than we are, they are wide open all the time and conceding very daft goals. His system will work at Barcelona with all those world class players, but he would get murdered at Everton with Michael Keane and Mina.

He finished last season with a negative goal difference and it’s even worse this time around.

His system is working at Real Betis. Beaten Atleti Barça Milan Sevilla and Madrid this season.

His system could work with us, especially when we have ushered more of our crap players out the door.

But anyway. It's personal preference. I'd like to see a gung-ho Everton.

One more season for Marco and if it doesn't work out we get the swashbuckling attacking football of Quique and win a cup.

Coyb

If he wants to come then yes of course.

But do you really think he wants to come? I don't....
If Moshiri can manage to get his short arms far enough into his long pockets,if Conte was given the correct financial incentives he'd come as would some of the other high class managers mentioned.

Zidane is not proven in the Premier League. He has struggled at times in Madrid (in La Liga play) and would be nearly as much a shot in the dark as Arteta. Arteta should go to a Championship club and get them promoted then I would have him.

With that said, sacking managers within two seasons' time has proven not to work and cost the club so much money to the point we aren't buying in the transfer windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.