If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played in defensive minded teams like with Moyes. Did he not play under Walter Smith at rangers too. The most anti football side I've ever seen.

He takes responsibility largely for the defence at City. Set play organisation is him. City also concede very few goals despite playing the highest line in the country. You might say there's nothing to suggest he can organise a team defensively, but there is equally nothing to suggest he can't either.

It's just as important that the next manager can unite the club and restore an identity of some sort, than being purely tactically astute. That's why someone like Arteta is the way forward. Football management is 80% man management and about mentality these days. The tactical stuff is a collective effort from the huge back room staff they all have. We've tried the flavour of the months. Time to try something outside the box. Someone who would instill the right mentality. And someone that would get time.
Haven't they got the highest percentage of set piece goals conceded in league, even worst than us

Someone mentioned elsewhere Mancini, I'd take him. I would also take Mourinho who now has a lot to prove.

This would normally be my shout for Joachim Loew, but he's got quite a rebuilding job on the card with the German squad that I doubt he'd want to give up on, so he's out of the running

That being said, I think this thread is all for naught anyway as I'm certain Marco is going to get at least one more transfer window before Moshiri and Co start to genuinely consider punting him

Haven't they got the highest percentage of set piece goals conceded in league, even worst than us

Whoscored states Everton have conceded the most from set piece goals, with 14 conceded. City have the third best record with 7, only the RS and Arsenal have a better record than City, with the RS conceding 6 and Arsenal conceding 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.