If Everton had the capacity to spend in January...

If Everton had the capacity to spend in January... should Benitez/Brands be allowed to spend it?

• Yes

• No

• Just want to see the poll results lad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDGAF any more...I'm not sure they do either.

I'm just here for the occasional wrist watch and single malt chat, Everton can GTF.

It's like being married to a soul mate who constantly shyts in your Corn Flakes...after a while you have no expectations so you live in hope of a fatal accident to change the situation and maybe get some feeling back.

We need to sign a fullback or two. Less bothered about the fee but we can't keep on handing out massive contracts and then not being able to move players on.

We've been paying top 6 wages to bottom half ability for too long.

I think with who they brought in over the summer there is a clear identity of player so let's see if this continues.

The first 11 is decent, it's just the back up that is totally missing. We took a gamble to thin out the squad that would further ease financial restrictions and allow us to spend more sooner down the line. Injuries happen but you expect 1 or 2 to be missing 3/4 games not 3/4 missing 8/9/10. Even our decent support players like Gomes has been crocked and the whole iceland thing has hurt as I'm pretty sure he would have probably been more useful than Iwobi.

Make no mistake the Everton team out at Wolves is not the basis to throw toys out of a pram. In olden days if we had our best centre back, best centre midfielder and best (true) centre forward out there would be a teeny bit more understanding why we might be losing games.

It's funny that our best stocked positions on the pitch are currently the ones that need addressing most. Only Allan, Doucoure, and Mina seem to be able to give relatively consistent performances at centre back/ centre midfield.

A new CB, CM, RB, LB, and RM are needed. Still a lot of clearing out to do.

And your Moshiri, considering FFP restrictions - would you let Brands/Benitez spend it in January?

Thinking back to the January when we signed Tosun/Walcott under a short term/interim manager in Allardyce and a DoF who was on borrowed time. It's that type of decision making that has got us into a right mess.

Benitez feels a short term appointment.
Brands... well, we don't know.

Is the objective/expectation this season to prevent freefall/accept midtable obscurity again?

If that's the case, doesn't it make sense to keep any budget until the following summer window?
Yep, sit tight in January. its never the best time to go in large, especially as they couldn't pick their noses mostly

If I thought we wouldn't be stuck in a relegation battle come January after the difficult fixtures we have coming up , I would say no . Just write this season off .
However, if we don't get an able runner in midfield and 2 fullbacks we are going to struggle to stay away from the bottom 3 .
Wouldn't give Brands a penny though .

And your Moshiri, considering FFP restrictions - would you let Brands/Benitez spend it in January?

Thinking back to the January when we signed Tosun/Walcott under a short term/interim manager in Allardyce and a DoF who was on borrowed time. It's that type of decision making that has got us into a right mess.

Benitez feels a short term appointment.
Brands... well, we don't know.

Is the objective/expectation this season to prevent freefall/accept midtable obscurity again?

If that's the case, doesn't it make sense to keep any budget until the following summer window?
Every manager is a short term appointment.

They become non-short term by being successful

Lingard would be a good signing as he definately has a goal scoring X factor in him, don’t believe that Van De Beek has become a bad player overnight either. I would also enquire wether Trippier wants a Premiership return. Centre half wise cheeky bids for Soyuncu at Leicester or Lascelles at Newcastle possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.