2017/18 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he a holding mid? In which case he’s not doing a very good job. Is he a box to box? He barely scores or creates so again nothing. What does he do?!

Been saying the same for ages myself. I didn't get it last year when everyone was saying how amazing he was and what an upgrade on Mccarthy he was. I feel sorry for the stick Mccarthy gets while this guy gets a free pass because Sky Sports said he made more tackles than Kante. And It was for another team that was an absolute mess defensively, and similarly to Pickford, this fact doesn't get enough air time. There is clearly something fundamentaly wrong with the organisation and structure of the team on the pitch, and the people responsible for that are the spine of the team. Unfortunately for us, it's a combination of Pickford, Jagielka, Williams, Keane, Gueye and Schneiderlin.

Awful

It’s not a coincidence that he’s boss when he’s not next to Schneiderlin. Just give him the role he played today every game.

Perhaps he’s learned how to hit a ball as well? That drive in the first half was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.