2017/18 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him and schneiderlin both need to be given some time away from the first team in my opinion. Gueye is perhaps adding more than schneiderlin so that might be a bit harsh to say about both, but I don't feel as if either of them are defending well enough or giving enough going forward, and as a central midfielder you have to do both.

We need to be putting teams like Burnley to bed in the first twenty minutes, moving the ball quickly up the pitch to put pressure on them. Davies and one other, maybe klaassen, at centre mid in games like today in future for me, players who instinctively move the ball forward. We can then bring your gueye and schneiderlin on later on in games to control the game once we've asserted some kind of dominance.

Easily one of the worst games he's had for us today.

Others have mentioned the dreadful shooting, but he also misplaced passes, took terrible touches and hardly made a tackle all game. Not good at all.

He’s at his best in a midfield 3 as a pressing player / ball winner.

Ideally with a deeper player to recycle possession (what Schneiderlin is supposed to be doing) and someone else to carry it forward like Tom Davies.

His limited game was exposed today when he was required to do much more than just press. He’s never looked totally comfortable attacking or attempting long passes.

We can only afford to play one of Schneiderlin and Gueye at any time. And have Davies instead.

Never going to happen under koeman though since he will always play scheid and Gueye no matter what even against the weakest teams.

People were cracking the samer [Poor language removed] jokes about mcarthy jogging to the oppo stadium as a warm up, like they are somthing special two seasons ago, but if you can't use the ball you can't midfield, the lads dead weight most games

Gana, new contract almost done etc etc... 75k... gentlemens agreement if any big team comes in for him.

Lol.

Just need him to sit in front of the back four and protect them by breaking up play and releasing the ball immedietely. Nothing else nothing more. Swop Davies for Schneiderlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.