Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think for me is that he would be a squad player but one that serves a particular role. Someone who can get a tackle in and cover a lot of ground. I couldn't see him first team regulary but in the grand scheme of things, we get a knock to witsel and carvalhio is suspended, we have a stoke or west brom game ahead, what better replacement to have to throw in but a lad who can at least cover the space for a lot of the game and try and break the play up. For his price then he would be worth it for that role.

Compared to say Moyes playing defenders in that role, or Martinez playing Cleverley?

Agree here mate.

Strange one this. I think it's fair to say witsel and carvalho must be off if we are signing this lad. He didn't exactly set the league alight last year and judging by comments most villa fans will be glad he's leaving. But at 26 he's not a young kid anymore either, but I'll guess we've got to trust Walsh's judgement on this, as his track record suggests he can.

If he's a replacement for McCarthy then surely that puts him in the team every week.
Under Martinez certainly so. However hypothetically, if we do sign one of Witsel or Carvalho, then I think James will have a secondary role.

At least until he shows Koeman he can up improve his attacking play and force himself into the squad. All a hunch of course.

No idea at all about him, but he seems the perfect bargain squad-filler buy, that we can sell in a year or two for £12-20 million and make a tidy profit from.

Just the kind of thing you'd hope a good DoF would get you.

Some staggering opinions in this thread bordering on snobbery because we have this magic "100M" to spend.

If Koeman and/or Walsh want Gueye then shoudnt that be good enough for us? At least for now whilst we give them a chance to show what they can do.

As for this he must be rubbish because he got relegated stuff, that is ridiculous. Off the top of my head Roy Keane, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Les Ferdinand and Juninho were all relegated. Are these all rubbish players who we would not have had at Everton in their day?

Such a simplistic viewpoint.

I remember when we signed Lee Carsley...

Very good point.

A carthorse journeyman bought cheap and turned out to be such an important player for the team.

Granted this lad won't be a key member of the team but can have a similar impact when we need him to if he can indeed tackle and whatever else when we are under the cosh.

Too much talk of stats tbh. I always use my eyes to judge players. Wouldn't want a single Villa player.

loads of players look bad in poor sides, then look good in good sides am pretty certain he must off been scouted a lot, look at all them players who went to qpr we wanted half of them they looked terrible but good at there other teams.

To be fair ive never watched him but if steve walsh has picked him we have to go with him dont we?

Some staggering opinions in this thread bordering on snobbery because we have this magic "100M" to spend.

If Koeman and/or Walsh want Gueye then shoudnt that be good enough for us? At least for now whilst we give them a chance to show what they can do.

As for this he must be rubbish because he got relegated stuff, that is ridiculous. Off the top of my head Roy Keane, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Les Ferdinand and Juninho were all relegated. Are these all rubbish players who we would not have had at Everton in their day?

Such a simplistic viewpoint.

Add too that the fact that when we aigned Walsh as DoF, people were excited that he may sign some cheap gems.....first cheap ish player...people are complaining that hes not good enough already

Lets just see..he may be gash....but if he puts the blue shirt on....ill give hime a chance before i slate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.