Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gueye, Allan Warrington (DM)

Iwobi Davies (RCM)

Doucoure Dele (LCM)

Hopefully Gomes and Gbamin may be making an exit.

There’d still be room for two more midfielders (Barkley Gilmour?) especially if Dele plays in the front line.

I'm sure a lot of footballers are anti-LGBT in private, but refusing to play because of it is just pathetic. Lost all respect for him after that.

As far as the footballing goes there's a lot of risks involved in a deal like this. Fitness and mobility will be a concern at some point, and I don't want us to be the ones having to watch him decline.

Alli is not a midfield option

He’s played there under Lampard before when we’ve played a three. He’s not in a 523 but he could be in a 433. I dont really like him there so would prefer to see another few midfielders come in and Dele being one of the wide options but Frank’s already shown he’ll play him there if needed.

I'm sure a lot of footballers are anti-LGBT in private, but refusing to play because of it is just pathetic. Lost all respect for him after that.

As far as the footballing goes there's a lot of risks involved in a deal like this. Fitness and mobility will be a concern at some point, and I don't want us to be the ones having to watch him decline.
The problem here isn't Gueye. The problem is footballing authorities insisting footballers make their private views public.

Sat near this guy in the Bullens a few seasons ago and he went through his full repertoire of songs during the game, never been able to get this one out of my head. Pleased it might get another run-out.

Ace that. Good lad Jeff, known him since i was a kid. His brother used to have a season ticket next to me but gave it up about 10 years ago.

You say this, but Gueye will be 33 in September and his main attribute is the distance he covers and his physicality. I can see it as a poor signing, and that’s not even factoring in the bad press we’re going to get for signing him
Who cares about what ‘bad press’ we’d get for signing him. Who cares what anyone thinks of us. Football is about results, not making friends! He improves the midfield, he’ll help us massively within the 2 years he’s here. A very good signing to plug a gap that needed plugging, and as someone else has stated, we now have a bit of time to look for a younger replacement ready to step up when those 2 years are up.

The problem here isn't Gueye. The problem is footballing authorities insisting footballers make their private views public.
Must have been terrible having to wear rainbow shirt numbers or whatever it was.

Imagine him pulling a stunt like that if we're in a relegation battle in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.