2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
EAtf-qnXYAATsB2

Who is bloody cutting onions at this time of the morning

Class.

It was a great bit of business when we stole him from Villa, he wasn't on any other clubs radar at the time, possibly because the Villa team were so poor that season. I am surprised that we didn't get a bigger fee, but I confess to having no idea how transfers work, utter black art.

midfield of Gomez Bernard and Sigurdsson is easily matched to Liverpools midfield with Henderson in it. Liverpools attacking front three is where the problems are caused. we have 2 good wing backs in Dinge and Coleman on his day so it could work

Liverpool's midfield is Fabinho, then two of Henderson/Milner/Keita/Wijnaldum - all of who offer energy, pace off the mark to close players down and defensive nous.

Sad to see him go... good player but it's worth remembering his best 'all-round' performances came at the beginning and end of his Everton career and the were times in the middle when he looked bang average. He always played with a lot of energy and spirit but did have his limitations... if and I know its a big IF we replace him with a younger model for a similar fee it could be good business.

Massive loss this. Not just in terms of the lads ability, but also that it's a little over a week before the deadline.

Unfortunately this is now becoming a trend here; our best players moving on after 2/3 years because we won't dip into the deep pockets of our billionaire to back up the ambition we keep hearing about. We are not building and adding to a side that will challenge; we are simply replacing those that have left and it leaves us floating.

Next year it'll be one or two of Pickford, Digne or Richarlison.

Gana leaving wouldn't of happened had he seen quality being added to the squad.

Just like Carsley, he won’t truly be appreciated until a couple of seasons after he’s gone.

I dont know. Plenty on here appreciated him from day 1. I thought he was the best ball winner we have had since the dogs of war after watching play a couple of games. Limited in possession but will be hard to replace in terms of enegry/ positioning/ reading the game/ball winning. What a steal for 8 million. Shows you dont have to pay huge amounts for top players. I Wish him the best.

I'm very surprised by the relaxed attitude of this sale

Gueye has been our best player and still is our most important player in my opinion people keep mentioning his age

The lads 29 built like a Kenyan marathon runner (no racism intended) do you really expect him to decline in the next 4 years?

This isn't a 29yr old Rooney haha Gueye will still be playing at the highest level till he's at least 35

Happy enough about this 30 mill to be reinvested suits us at the moment.

He was a very one dimensional player who happened to be excellent at that one dimension, but limited at others, i always felt we got 1 good half a season out of him and his form would just be ok for the other. I also thought he didnt give us a physical presence in midfield and was very low in the transition. Still he gave us legs and tenacity.

With his age, fee and the possibility to improve the position im happy enough.

I dont think we would have done this if it wasnt in our interests and we havent sounded out and selected an apt replacement so im fairly relaxed.

Thanks and good luck to him at PSG.

Easily the best signing of the Walsh/Koeman era.

We are currently significantly weaker than at the end of the season, with a week or so till the window shuts.

I hope there is a plan in place to get the desired quality replacements in asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.