2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

These two games are why. The other 3 games he didn't play were against City so who cares that we got beat that happens and Huddersfield both times which we also drew one of. Counterattacks went through us impossibly easy without him.

To be fair, there's no shortage of examples of Everton getting murdered by three or four with Gana in the team.

Last season we conceded 3+ goals twice in the 33 games he played and three times in the 5 he didn't
He was also a key part of the side that was mauled over and over again under Koeman and Unsworth, and an ever-present during the relegation form of last season.

I get that some people really like him, but he's on the same level as almost everyone else that passes through the club.

He was also a key part of the side that was mauled over and over again under Koeman and Unsworth, and an ever-present during the relegation form of last season.

I get that some people really like him, but he's on the same level as almost everyone else that passes through the club.
He also got relegated with Villa. I get all that.

In this team as currently constructed with Marco Silva as manager, he is the most crucial player.

He also got relegated with Villa. I get all that.

In this team as currently constructed with Marco Silva as manager, he is the most crucial player.
It's a fair argument, but I really don't think that a team in which he is the most crucial player is going to achieve a great deal.

It's a fair argument, but I really don't think that a team in which he is the most crucial player is going to achieve a great deal.
A team in which he's the best player would be screwed. But same as Fernandinho was City's most crucial player last season, build a strong enough team elsewhere and you'll be alright.

It isn't that I want to keep Gueye forever. But we currently do not have a replacement so we either have to buy someone and integrate them or change the system to make up for Gueye leaving. Either way our continuity is gone. The better play would be to get a replacement before he goes and start to work that guy in. Unfortunately that will sink Gueye's value.

Not only are there absolute weirdos disrespecting how good he is on here but now Marcel is showing him the ultimate disrespect by replacing him with Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.