2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty can’t quite seem to grasp just how good this lad is. I don’t care if you offer us £40m, he’s one of our best players and he’ll be class for another 3 years minimum. I’m more interested in seeing us become boss than have slightly better looking balance sheets.

we have about 25 players to sell, i don't know why our fans advocate selling one of the first names on the teamsheet.

We HAVE to keep him.

All those willy wavers over our few goals conceeded from open play stats will be distraught next season when Gomes and Schnerderlin are letting the opposition cut us open like butter.

Be stupid to turn down 40 mill for a 30 year old. If we don’t sell him this window we have to accept he’ll probably stay with us until retirement and there’ll be no resale value out of him.

Be stupid to turn down 40 mill for a 30 year old. If we don’t sell him this window we have to accept he’ll probably stay with us until retirement and there’ll be no resale value out of him.
I am honestly fine with that, he is a boss on the field and when he doesn't play it shows. I would rather watch him play and slowly degrade like Barry did then sell him for whatever the amount and not be able to replace his ability on the field.

It isn't about trying to see Gana, I don't think anybody is trying to do that. It is more about trying to keep him and keep him happy.

Yes, he stayed in January but I wonder if promises were made to him that if certain clubs came in for him in the summer he would be let leave ? , and yes a big fee for a thirty year old that cost 7m would have to be considered.

Was saying in Jan w0ukdnt mind it psg signed him but he was amazing in them last 6 months arguably the best hes ever been for us

We hold the cards as hes on a long term contract. Woukdnt sell unless an amazing offer come in and he wanted to go ( swerve selling him to United though theg are catchable)

I am honestly fine with that, he is a boss on the field and when he doesn't play it shows. I would rather watch him play and slowly degrade like Barry did then sell him for whatever the amount and not be able to replace his ability on the field.

Yes but we’re fine with it until a season or two when he’s slowed down and we’re looking at trying to replace him except we’ve got no money to do so, so end up doing what we did with Barry and keeping him too long.

We should sell now and use the funds to get in a young player who can perform next season and increase in value. That’s the model the likes of Atletico Dortmund and Spurs go for. That’s how you turn the initial 7 million outlay into a potential 50-60 million pound asset. If we let Gueye decline we end up just ploughing another load of capital into finding his replacement.

Resale value ffs. He cost 7m who gives an eff what we would get for him now? We need to keep our best players

Buy Gueye for 7 mill, develop him and sell for 40 mill

Use funds to buy 2 players for 15-20 mill, develop both into 30-40 mill players.

Repeat.

All of a sudden that 7 million has turned into 100 million pounds worth of assets if you do it correctly.

‘Keeping our best players’ past their sell by date. Looks like:

Buy Gueye for 7 mill, decline chance to sell for 40 mill, interest disappears and Gueye either leaves for free or stays on a new contract of high wages until he retires. We now have zero pounds of assets. We still need new player so go out and pay 7 mill again hoping that we get someone as good as Gueye but at that price could easily be a dud.

The whole point of buying smart is to increase your asset base. I could if understand not selling g Gueye mid season but if we don’t sell now we are beyond stupid.

Buy Gueye for 7 mill, develop him and sell for 40 mill

Use funds to buy 2 players for 15-20 mill, develop both into 30-40 mill players.

Repeat.

All of a sudden that 7 million has turned into 100 million pounds worth of assets if you do it correctly.

‘Keeping our best players’ past their sell by date. Looks like:

Buy Gueye for 7 mill, decline chance to sell for 40 mill, interest disappears and Gueye either leaves for free or stays on a new contract of high wages until he retires. We now have zero pounds of assets. We still need new player so go out and pay 7 mill again hoping that we get someone as good as Gueye but at that price could easily be a dud.

The whole point of buying smart is to increase your asset base. I could if understand not selling g Gueye mid season but if we don’t sell now we are beyond stupid.

Sell Lukaku and invest the mon.. oh.

Keep our best players. Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.