2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

No goat.
We would be hard pressed to find a player of equal quality for 40 m

Im not disputing his talent, but the reason we didnt sell him is cos we couldnt replace him in a short inflated window, it had nothing to do with the money offered.

So if we get offered the same money in the summer he will be allowed to leave.

Not cos we think hes rubbish or that we could replace him on the cheap, but cos he didnt cry like a lil bish.

We are talking about a player that cost us 7m, we just bought the best LB in world footy for 18m and a little magician for free, so never say never.

No goat.
We would be hard pressed to find a player of equal quality for 40 m

I think he will be easily replaced with £40mil.

If we could somehow get the same amount for Sigurdsson then we could actually revamp the centre into something which doesnt get steamrollered in games.

I think he will be easily replaced with £40mil.

If we could somehow get the same amount for Sigurdsson then we could actually revamp the centre into something which doesnt get steamrollered in games.
I think it would be pretty tough, but not impossible. If we got 40M for him, we'd need 3 new players, one true DM, one CM/DM, and one more box to box CM. If we bought Gomes for 25M, that takes care of the box to box player, but we'd definitely have to sell a couple to rebuild the midfield AND get ourselves a CF.

We aren't selling Siggy, Zat. You need to let it go.

I assume I´m like many in always being torn around how good he actually is. I guess the actual proof is when he goes. Since he´s been here we´ve been extremely average, I´d be surprised if him leaving sends us to new lows.

I think it would be pretty tough, but not impossible. If we got 40M for him, we'd need 3 new players, one true DM, one CM/DM, and one more box to box CM. If we bought Gomes for 25M, that takes care of the box to box player, but we'd definitely have to sell a couple to rebuild the midfield AND get ourselves a CF.

We aren't selling Siggy, Zat. You need to let it go.

ACM - Sigurdsson £30mil / Vlasic £20mil / Dowell £10mil
CM - Davies £15mil
DM - Gana £30mil / Schneiderlin £10mil/ McCarthy £2mil/ Besic £6mil

I think we may end up with something like:

ACM - Sigurdsson
CM -- New Signing / Vlasic / Davies
DM -- New Signing

+ one player who can play DM / CM

With circa £60mil in fees and huge wages saved I think we will throw in some cash for fees here.

Status
Not open for further replies.