2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm saying is I think we can get by fine without Gana and if an offer of 30+ came in for him I'd understand if Everton sold him.
I personally think we can sign a similar replacement not as good defensively as Gana but a bit more balanced that's all.
I would've agreed with you in January, but now, I totally disagree. Hes found another level with his play when he has the ball, and is indispensable to this team atm. Yesterday was another example of that. Brilliant player and we really need to try to keep him.

Considering his age and if we got an offer of 30m I think we'd be crazy to keep him, His defensive game is easily one of the best but his forward play is pretty terrible and inconsistent at times as you've mentioned.
No I'm not expecting him to create 10 assists or score 10 goals but he surprisingly finds himself in very good attacking spaces and fluffs it completely.
I hate to bring him up but just a little comparison Doucoure has 5 goals and I would be okay with losing Gana's top defensive work for a balanced defensive mid who can do damage going forward.

But £30m is nothing. And he's 29, not 34.

Doucoure is great, but he wouldn't actually offer anywhere near the protection Gana does. Doucoure is given the freedom to play because he has Capoue sitting next to him, more often than not.

But £30m is nothing. And he's 29, not 34.

Doucoure is great, but he wouldn't actually offer anywhere near the protection Gana does. Doucoure is given the freedom to play because he has Capoue sitting next to him, more often than not.
He can play the 6 though. If he came or someone similar, we'd play Silva's other variant of the 4-3-3.

If he goes, then we'll have to change the way we play.

We played exactly the same against Spurs at home in December as we have done v Chelsea (2nd half), Arsenal and United.

We have looked to press and hassle them and that's exactly what we did v Spurs. The issue was we had zero protection in midfield, and they were able to tear us apart.

I said he was worth keeping purely for the big games against the top six at home. Because those would be the games we could actually see how Silva's style could work for us.

Now it's about consistency when facing all the teams and that's where signing another, more forward-thinking player who can break the lines will help. That shouldn't be at Gana's expense.

Yes it is EASY worth 30M. You’d have to spend 30M just to get anything even approaching his levels.

Silva needs more than just Gana to be a nuisance in the middle of the pitch. He needs 3 or 3 players with doe different attributes in the middle. Right now, we lose Gana for any period of time, we are sunk. I’m excited for Brans to bring in 2 new CM/DM types this summer.
Lots said about his professionalism and too true. If you were paying out of your pocket then he is the kind of person you would get value for money. Compare that to some from Utd who played today. Thats why his value will hold, or even increase.
Considering his age and if we got an offer of 30m I think we'd be crazy to keep him, His defensive game is easily one of the best but his forward play is pretty terrible and inconsistent at times as you've mentioned.
No I'm not expecting him to create 10 assists or score 10 goals but he surprisingly finds himself in very good attacking spaces and fluffs it completely.
I hate to bring him up but just a little comparison Doucoure has 5 goals and I would be okay with losing Gana's top defensive work for a balanced defensive mid who can do damage going forward.
30 years old?
Time to cash in
You know the 30 isn’t that old right? He could still do the job he does, at the same level, for a minimum of 3 years. Balls to worrying about resale value, he’s brilliant at what he does and we need him in our team. That said, if PSG came calling with the right offer I wouldn’t begrudge him the move, terrific professional. Just lunacy to say the reason to sell him should be his age.
All I'm saying is I think we can get by fine without Gana and if an offer of 30+ came in for him I'd understand if Everton sold him.
I personally think we can sign a similar replacement not as good defensively as Gana but a bit more balanced that's all.
We paid £7m for him, if he leaves for free in3/5 years I can live with that, he’s got at least three more years at the top of his game

I dont see how you can keep a 30 year old player when a decent offer comes in.

Gonna' be incredibly hard to replace, if we have to...not many Tazmanian devils about.

tasmanian-devil-cartoon-gif-20.gif

He's wasted as a 6 though. Why spend £50m (which is what he'd cost us) on a very decent number 8, then say he has to sit back?
He had no problem playing a 6 before. It's whatever the tactics call for. He's also stated that he likes playing as a defensive mid the most. So this idea that he's an 8 is not accurate. He's more of a 6.

But really, Gana and Doucoure would play as twin CMs/DMs behind Sigurdsson in Silva's 4-3-3. It's just like Chalobah and Doucoure playing behind Cleverly, but obviously it would be a TON better. He plays with Capoue right now usually in a 4-2-2-2 as the twin DMs and they are very tough in the middle of the pitch.

If makelele was still bossing it at 38 for psg why can't gana?
It's absurd. David Silva, 32. Fernandinho, 33. Nainggolan, 30. Vidal 31. Rakitic 30. Matuidi 31. Witsel 29. Javi Martinez, 29. Nzonzi 29. Modric just won player of the year and led his team to a world cup final at age 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.