2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's proved he's so, so, so much more than that.

Look at his play for our second goal. Look at the two bits of play v Cardiff. Look at his play for the third goal today (his pinpoint pass in the build up to our corner). His neat throughball into DCL who just was just offside today too.

He ran the show today. Not just because he got about (he actually ran less in distance than any of our midfielders, believe it or not).
Considering his age and if we got an offer of 30m I think we'd be crazy to keep him, His defensive game is easily one of the best but his forward play is pretty terrible and inconsistent at times as you've mentioned.
No I'm not expecting him to create 10 assists or score 10 goals but he surprisingly finds himself in very good attacking spaces and fluffs it completely.
I hate to bring him up but just a little comparison Doucoure has 5 goals and I would be okay with losing Gana's top defensive work for a balanced defensive mid who can do damage going forward.

Silva said he'd been teaching him to position himself better. Rather than just charging around we can see hes focused on certain areas of the pitch now.

He will be 30 in September...how long will he keep going on like this for? Lets say 3 more seasons, is that worth £30mil of pure book profit?

Thinking with heads, you just have to take the money, the same goes for Sigurdsson.

I dont see how we can write off such amounts.

Unless, this summer we are only signing a bunch of kids to develop and we need the experience and continuity.
If makelele was still bossing it at 38 for psg why can't gana?

I think Gueye is a smashing little player, and, fundamental to this team. I hope he stays with us long term, but, looking at it from his point of view, he is 30 so realistically he will not play in the champions league for us. If another offer comes in from a club that can offer him champions league next season I would understand completely if he wanted to leave.

His attitude has been exemplary since the PSG business and for that I applaud him, so many players would have gone into a strop and downed tools. For this reason I for one would not begrudge him his move if the fee was right.

I really hope he stays, cracking little player and getting better all the time, really seems to have taken onboard Silvas coaching, as have a few of them by the looks of it.

Considering his age and if we got an offer of 30m I think we'd be crazy to keep him, His defensive game is easily one of the best but his forward play is pretty terrible and inconsistent at times as you've mentioned.
No I'm not expecting him to create 10 assists or score 10 goals but he surprisingly finds himself in very good attacking spaces and fluffs it completely.
I hate to bring him up but just a little comparison Doucoure has 5 goals and I would be okay with losing Gana's top defensive work for a balanced defensive mid who can do damage going forward.
We just destroyed Man U with a lot of it due to Gana completely marking Pogba out of the match and you want to sell him. He is indeed inconsistent with the ball, but WHO CARES? He does pull stuff off - it's not like he doesn't create. He passes it forward, he does create some - he plays the ball long at times, but most importantly, he TAKES CARE OF THE BALL. He doesn't turn it over, he rarely gives it away, so he doesn't really hurt us when in possession.

Why on earth we would want to sell debatably our best player for 30M? It makes zero sense. We need MORE players like Gana.

And this just in - Doucoure is a really good player. There aren't other Doucoure-types just floating around out there in the ether for cheap. We've brought them up constantly. His work rate and production is almost unmatched. But he's STILL not as good a defensive player as Gana.

Regardless, we need a Gana AND a Doucoure. We need BOTH. So we should absolutely NOT be selling Gana. If he wants to leave, fine, but no way in he-double hockey sticks should we sell him for 30M to PSG, I don't care how old he is. He's worth way more to us.

Just look at his commitment when compared to those instagram divas we played yesterday.

His professionalism and attitude after the failed PSG move has been outstanding.

You know the 30 isn’t that old right? He could still do the job he does, at the same level, for a minimum of 3 years. Balls to worrying about resale value, he’s brilliant at what he does and we need him in our team. That said, if PSG came calling with the right offer I wouldn’t begrudge him the move, terrific professional. Just lunacy to say the reason to sell him should be his age.

Easily one of my favorite players from the last decade. Has his limitations going forward, but isn’t that what Gomes and Gylfi are there for? Defensively he’s everywhere at times. He is so consistent as well. Will be gutted if he leaves.

We just destroyed Man U with a lot of it due to Gana completely marking Pogba out of the match and you want to sell him. He is indeed inconsistent with the ball, but WHO CARES? He does pull stuff off - it's not like he doesn't create. He passes it forward, he does create some - he plays the ball long at times, but most importantly, he TAKES CARE OF THE BALL. He doesn't turn it over, he rarely gives it away, so he doesn't really hurt us when in possession.

Why on earth we would want to sell debatably our best player for 30M? It makes zero sense. We need MORE players like Gana.

And this just in - Doucoure is a really good player. There aren't other Doucoure-types just floating around out there in the ether for cheap. We've brought them up constantly. His work rate and production is almost unmatched. But he's STILL not as good a defensive player as Gana.

Regardless, we need a Gana AND a Doucoure. We need BOTH. So we should absolutely NOT be selling Gana. If he wants to leave, fine, but no way in he-double hockey sticks should we sell him for 30M to PSG, I don't care how old he is. He's worth way more to us.
All I'm saying is I think we can get by fine without Gana and if an offer of 30+ came in for him I'd understand if Everton sold him.
I personally think we can sign a similar replacement not as good defensively as Gana but a bit more balanced that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.