2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable professionalism in the last 4 months, most players would have had their heads away as soon as PSG came calling. Probably gone if they come back but that's a respectable way to go at the very least.

I think he'll leave in the summer, I wouldn't mind him going I just think we can get a younger more well rounded player than a tough tackler who can only tackle, I'm not undermining how important Gueye is because he really is important but I think a lot of fans are scared of the unknown if he did leave and who'd we replace him with.

But he's proved he's so, so, so much more than that.

Look at his play for our second goal. Look at the two bits of play v Cardiff. Look at his play for the third goal today (his pinpoint pass in the build up to our corner). His neat throughball into DCL who just was just offside today too.

He ran the show today. Not just because he got about (he actually ran less in distance than any of our midfielders, believe it or not).

Imagine thinking we wouldn't miss him. He's been outstanding. Tbh, just about all season he's been great, but the last 6 games, bar Fulham, he's been unbelievable. Today was his best performance in an Everton shirt imo.

If he goes in the summer, we're gonna be hard pushed replacing him.

You called it during Jan BT so fair play. I said we should have taken the money as he isn't as vital as what you were saying.

I still think I was right....until he decided to elevate his performances like you mentioned ( the last 6 bar Fulham ) to epic proportions and then he suddenly becomes not just a decent player but an absolute top drawer player.

A superb performance today and has massively helped with our upturn in form

You called it during Jan BT so fair play. I said we should have taken the money as he isn't as vital as what you were saying.

I still think I was right....until he decided to elevate his performances like you mentioned ( the last 6 bar Fulham ) to epic proportions and then he suddenly becomes not just a decent player but an absolute top drawer player.

I honestly think he's been roundly excellent all season mate, bar a dodgy spell around Xmas when the whole team was crap. Definitely taken it up a level recently though.

I'm not here to say 'I told you so' to anyone. I just thought it was clear even earlier in the season when we had a decent run how important he was to the system. Not it's clicking into place (mostly) again he's pretty much the key cog. If he plays well, we play well. And lately he's been bloody ace.

I was blown away today. He was just everywhere. One bad ball he played - one! And that was when he was trying a throughball on the run and he just overhit it.

I, like you, don't think it'll be the end of the world if he goes because inevitably he's gonna leave at some point and we need to be able to play a different way/adapt.

But to do it in the middle of the season, for just £30m - and it is just, btw, because £30m would get us only one quality player, really, or at least assured quality – was just pointless imo. Thankfully the club agreed and if, nothing else, we've seen some excellent displays from him to cap off his time here.

In an ideal world, he stays, but we'll see what happens.

I think he'll leave in the summer, I wouldn't mind him going I just think we can get a younger more well rounded player than a tough tackler who can only tackle, I'm not undermining how important Gueye is because he really is important but I think a lot of fans are scared of the unknown if he did leave and who'd we replace him with.
But he's proved he's so, so, so much more than that.

Look at his play for our second goal. Look at the two bits of play v Cardiff. Look at his play for the third goal today (his pinpoint pass in the build up to our corner). His neat throughball into DCL who just was just offside today too.

He ran the show today. Not just because he got about (he actually ran less in distance than any of our midfielders, believe it or not).

I honestly think he's been roundly excellent all season mate, bar a dodgy spell around Xmas when the whole team was crap. Definitely taken it up a level recently though.

I'm not here to say 'I told you so' to anyone. I just thought it was clear even earlier in the season when we had a decent run how important he was to the system. Not it's clicking into place (mostly) again he's pretty much the key cog. If he plays well, we play well. And lately he's been bloody ace.

I was blown away today. He was just everywhere. One bad ball he played - one! And that was when he was trying a throughball on the run and he just overhit it.

I, like you, don't think it'll be the end of the world if he goes because inevitably he's gonna leave at some point and we need to be able to play a different way/adapt.

But to do it in the middle of the season, for just £30m - and it is just, btw, because £30m would get us only one quality player, really, or at least assured quality – was just pointless imo. Thankfully the club agreed and if, nothing else, we've seen some excellent displays from him to cap off his time here.

In an ideal world, he stays, but we'll see what happens.

Silva said he'd been teaching him to position himself better. Rather than just charging around we can see hes focused on certain areas of the pitch now.

He will be 30 in September...how long will he keep going on like this for? Lets say 3 more seasons, is that worth £30mil of pure book profit?

Thinking with heads, you just have to take the money, the same goes for Sigurdsson.

I dont see how we can write off such amounts.

Unless, this summer we are only signing a bunch of kids to develop and we need the experience and continuity.

Silva said he'd been teaching him to position himself better. Rather than just charging around we can see hes focused on certain areas of the pitch now.

He will be 30 in September...how long will he keep going on like this for? Lets say 3 more seasons, is that worth £30mil of pure book profit?

Thinking with heads, you just have to take the money, the same goes for Sigurdsson.

Unless, this summer we are only signing a bunch of kids to develop and we need the experience and continuity.
We HAVE to stop selling our best players if we want to progress. We finally seem to have a team that gels so stop trying to get rid of them. There’s plenty of jarg fringe players to sell if we really need financing. Gueye has shown zero signs of slowing down and somehow looks to actually be improving. If it weren’t for Digne he’s probably our POTY.

We HAVE to stop selling our best players if we want to progress. We finally seem to have a team that gels so stop trying to get rid of them. There’s plenty of jarg fringe players to sell if we really need financing. Gueye has shown zero signs of slowing down and somehow looks to actually be improving. If it weren’t for Digne he’s probably our POTY.

Possibly.

Theres basically 2 trains of thought...

1 -- Dont sell first 11 players so we can build from a strong position

2 -- Cash in on older players and use the fees and wage savings + our budget to sign potential superstars.

Possibly.

Theres basically 2 trains of thought...

1 -- Dont sell first 11 players so we can build from a strong position

2 -- Cash in on older players and use the fees and wage savings + our budget to sign potential superstars.

....yep it’s a balance. The club also need to know its players. I have seen so many footballers who become less injury prone and show a significant improvement in form when decisions on a new contract are in the offing (Mirallas). I would probably add this to your list;

3 - Be wary of keeping players with bad injury records and those who have significant shifts in performance.

Yes it is EASY worth 30M. You’d have to spend 30M just to get anything even approaching his levels.

Silva needs more than just Gana to be a nuisance in the middle of the pitch. He needs 3 or 3 players with doe different attributes in the middle. Right now, we lose Gana for any period of time, we are sunk. I’m excited for Brans to bring in 2 new CM/DM types this summer.

Lots said about his professionalism and too true. If you were paying out of your pocket then he is the kind of person you would get value for money. Compare that to some from Utd who played today. Thats why his value will hold, or even increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.