2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because his profile was raised by PSG's interest, which seems to have been largely based on their FFP restrictions, and this has been followed by Everton doing the old Moyes trick of hitting form when there's nothing to play for. That's all conjecture, obviously, but it's my take.

United are a club that doesn't know what it's doing in the transfer market, and Everton should make the most of any opportunity to take them to the cleaners before they bring in a competent director of football. They're about to lose Herrera and Pogba, and have had their fingers burned with Fred, so they could well see Gana as a safe bet in the short-term.

He isn't a terrible player, but nor is he anything special, which is why I don't think that it would difficult to find a younger, cheaper replacement.
The fact that he has put in more tackles,won more possession and has more interceptions than practically every other player in the league might have something to do with as well
PSG were not buying him to sell more shirts
They were looking at him because they weren't allowed to spend more than £30m.

He's a great athlete, but he's extremely poor in possession. Not cashing in on him before he starts to decline physically would represent very short-term thinking.
Will he decline though? He's not got pace, so he won't slow down. Could actually continue to improve, like Barry.

I do agree that he could be much better in possession and could offer more going forward.
I think he's more of a reactive, destroyer type, but I'm sure he's still got a few years left in his legs. He's just not someone that I particularly rate, and I think this is a perfect opportunity to make a lot of money on him.
He really isn't mate. They bought Torreira for that job. Xhaka is their Barry.
One of the most baffling comments on here. Cannot believe there are some who don't understand how important he is.

Hes been class since he had a day off during the PSG interest.

Theres no doubt hes exceptional defensively and if he was at Man Utd / City or another money club they would keep him.

But we simply cant turn down summer window bids for our players around 30. We need to build a team to compete and sacrifices have to be made.

Id sell him for £25mil with no expectations of a replacement being superior defensively. If we could get £35mil for me thats robbery.

We have to trust in Brands (and Silva) to bring in top class young players who will push us on to the next level.

If you trust the DOF then you have to hope hes going to bring in the next young Kante/Makalele/Busquets to push us on.

Theres no doubt hes exceptional defensively and if he was at Man Utd / City or another money club they would keep him.
It's been years since the top sides stopped accommodating midfield hatchet men whose touch and passing let them down. If United think that they're getting a Kante/Fernandinho-level player, they are very much mistaken.

One of the most baffling comments on here. Cannot believe there are some who don't understand how important he is.
He's been a key part of some of the worst Everton performances I've ever seen. I was going to say that I can't believe how overrated he is on here, but then people are always trying to look clever by raving over unsung players.

Will he decline though? He's not got pace, so he won't slow down. Could actually continue to improve, like Barry.

I do agree that he could be much better in possession and could offer more going forward.

I do think he has pace , I bet he is rapid over 10 yards which enables him to get so many tackles in. Not saying he is going to decline or anything but I would bet he’s rapid over short distances

Gana has been our best player by a mile today. He's passing it forwards - probably his best passing game in a while. And there are several on here suggesting he has no pace and crazy stuff. Unreal.

Probably the best of an extremely awful bunch today but that's not saying anything really. He's been well below the standards he's set since January.

Status
Not open for further replies.