2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in another thread recently that if I were Pep and I was looking for a replacement for Fernandihno there’s only one call I’d be making....straight to Everton and asking for permission to speak to Gana Gueye. He would slot in there effortlessly. He has the Premier League experience unlike some fancy named player from another league..he knows the drill and is at his peak but still with 3 more good years in his legs. With even better quality around him I think he’d be a seamless introduction replacing the fella who is and has been for 2-3 years the best defensive midfielder in Europe. Both are metronomes who make thei teams tick...when either is absent then their respective teams look a lot less functional.

Outstanding engine on him, and a thoroughly nice bloke as well by all accounts. Hope he stays and keeps that 3G partnership with Andre the Giant and the Iceman growing in influence.

The impact without him is immense, especially so when we are at the receiving end of counter attack. Consistently top 5 in tackle and interception for the past few seasons. It’s easy to say sell him but it’s a mammoth task to bring in someone who is equally good.

His departure will unbalance us in many ways and we will struggle with transition from pressing to counter. Our midfield will be expose and the team shape will be affected simply because we do no have someone as reliable in regaining possession.

Many have mention decoure from Watford but his average tackling and interception is half of Gana. Who will be contributing the other half within the team?

The closest match to Gana is ndidi from Leicester and maybe a couple of them from the French league.

The impact without him is immense, especially so when we are at the receiving end of counter attack. Consistently top 5 in tackle and interception for the past few seasons. It’s easy to say sell him but it’s a mammoth task to bring in someone who is equally good.

His departure will unbalance us in many ways and we will struggle with transition from pressing to counter. Our midfield will be expose and the team shape will be affected simply because we do no have someone as reliable in regaining possession.

Many have mention decoure from Watford but his average tackling and interception is half of Gana. Who will be contributing the other half within the team?

The closest match to Gana is ndidi from Leicester and maybe a couple of them from the French league.

I guess that it why we employed Brands.

Gana is fantastic and will be difficult to replace. But all sides face losing key men and having to find alternatives to hopefully kick on even better.

He is coming to the latter years of his career so you cannot blame him for wanting a chance to go to PSG.

I hope he stays, but if he is to go I will wish him well and hope we find the right midfield blend to challenge for the top 4.

Best form of his career. Likely just a handful of games for us left, so enjoy it while we can. One of our best Premier League signings for sure.
Doubt he'll be off tbf, PSG will prob spend huge money on a defensive mid under the age of 25, on top of Herrera from Utd + the Argentine lad they signed in Jan

Haven't really heard of any other club's looking at him, n doubt anyone else would pay what we'd ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.