2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it in the match thread, he rarely lets you down. Since his move to us he’s consistently been our best player in most games he’s played. We know his limitations, it doesn’t mean he’s crap though. Let’s face it, if he was top class going forward as well he’d be at one of the best teams in the world.

The most underrated and under appreciated player in the EPL.

He is utterly superb at what he does. He is the lynchpin to all that we do well, the ability to read the game and win the ball back in a high press is absolutely vital for a fast moving countering team and there ain't many better than him at it in Europe.

We will miss him greatly should he move, the very fact he is putting in these kinda performances after his head has been turned just shows the mark of the man.

Great post. Undeniably underrated.
If he was playing in the Top 4 he’d be a media darling.
If I were Pep, and I need a slide-in replacement for Fernandinho, the best defensive midfielder in Europe by a Long chalk and certainly City’s metronome, I’d be making an offer to Everton that they couldn’t refuse. I don’t see his age as being an issue. Fernandihno is around 33....IGG is in his prime and could play another 4-5 years with great players round him.
I hope Pep isn’t looking our way, and PSG find another target.

I'm not his biggest fan, wanted him gone in January. Credit to him he has been on it since the disappointment of not going to PSG. Been one of our best players this calendar year and could quite easily have sulked after January. Measure of the man

I'm not his biggest fan, wanted him gone in January. Credit to him he has been on it since the disappointment of not going to PSG. Been one of our best players this calendar year and could quite easily have sulked after January. Measure of the man

Pretty much the same here. He has been superb. Whether he is playing for a move I'm not sure but his attitude is top notch and if he maintains his performance level we'll be able to ask for 40m in the current market.

Status
Not open for further replies.