2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, or he could turn out to be the next Schneiderlin, none of this is convincing me we should be selling an international player in his peak years to a club like PSG for less than the going rate for a highly rated central midfielder..
Do you think our midfielders compliment each other?

Yeah, or he could turn out to be the next Schneiderlin, none of this is convincing me we should be selling an international player in his peak years to a club like PSG for less than the going rate for a highly rated central midfielder..

Then you wont improve or your bench will be filled with expensive waged 30 year olds which is u sustainable

I said from day 1 Brands isn’t here for short term thinking, selling a limited footballer for 30mil who turns 30 in a few months was always a no brainier. We will be better off long term.

£30mil is a dream...hope its sealed off pronto so brands can focus on more sales before the deadline

I could understand people wanting to hang onto him if our midfield was working well, but it really isn’t. We could carry on with an ineffective midfield for the rest of the season or we could “roll the dice” and see if we end up better off.

I am all for selling him mate as long as the price is right and invested back into the side for a decent midfield replacement or even spent in another area needed.

I’d actually prefer that he was sold now. I’m confident Marcel would use the money well and buy players to fit the long term plan.

Let’s hope Arsenal and City are actually interested to drive the price up.

Well I'd wager we wouldn't have lost 6-2 at home to Spurs had he played, mate.

Why - he’s played in plenty of our heavy defeats over the past couple of years.. he’s nearly 30, with a game that relies on loads of effort and not much else. He’s no Garth Barry in that respect. £30 million is good money and will be needed in the summer. Over to Brands to reinvest it too make us better in the long term...

I could understand people wanting to hang onto him if our midfield was working well, but it really isn’t. We could carry on with an ineffective midfield for the rest of the season or we could “roll the dice” and see if we end up better off.

I'd argue our midfield would have worked a lot better had Silva used the system he used tonight more often.

Gueye could easily - easily - have been a part of that.

Its interesting how people on this forum are split on this one. And its understandable.
Gana is one I'd put in our team this season most of the time. But, its only because we're seriously lacking in that department.
To be honest he's also a bit frustrating because in some matches he's been good (very good). Breaking play up, chasing players down etc etc. And, in other games he's been very average or poor. Giving the ball away, passing back to the centre backs too much etc etc.
I'm not adverse to him leaving (and good luck to him...its PSG after all). The key is getting a good fee and a suitable replacement (even if its in the summer).
Yes, it'll maybe be detrimental in the short term (rest of the season). But, just get through this season. Then longer term, in my view, we need to re-think on our personnel in centre midfield.

The side is totally unbalanced and midfield is grim. I do however seem to remember this place in November when there was a thread about how the Gana / Gomes partnership was looking like the real deal.
Yes, but since then it hasn’t been working. It needs changing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.